Lukáš Lalinský announced here:
We released a new version of Picard today. This new release includes a number of bug fixes. Unicode punctuation is now replaced by default for new users. Title standardization has been removed, as track titles now follow the same style guidelines as recording titles.
One larger change that is hidden by default is support for AcoustID fingerprinting. AcoustID is a new, completely open source, audio fingerprinting project, started by me last year. I’m really glad to finally integrate it with Picard. Integration with the MusicBranz website is planned for later. Configuring Picard to use AcoustID instead of AmpliFIND should be completely transparent, there are no visual differences in the scanning process. Note that this feature requires downloading an extra application, see the AcoustID wiki page for details.
Changes since version 0.15.1:
- Added AcoustID support.
- Fixed track metadata plugins.
- Added new internal %_totalalbumtracks% tag field. (PICARD-16)
- Track metadata plugins now run also on non-album tracks. (PICARD-7)
- Fixed custom Various Artists name on the %albumartist% field. (PICARD-5)
- Album artist is now correctly “translated”. (PICARD-1)
- Unicode punctuation is now converted to ASCII by default.
- WavPack correction files are moved together with the main files. (PICARD-15)
- Unicode filename normalization on OS X.
- Original release date is now saved into %originaldate%.
- Allow tagging with localized artist aliases (PICARD-17)
- Added a quit confirmation dialog. (PICARD-46)
- Standalone recordings can be tagged with relationships now. (PICARD-10)
- Refreshing an album will refresh its “other versions” listing. (PICARD-8)
- “Unicode punctuation to ASCII” now works on album-level metadata. (PICARD-50)
- DJ-mix tags should only be written to the medium where they apply. (PICARD-20)
- Support URL redirects in web service/network request module (PICARD-54)
- Jamendo and Archive.org cover art is displayed on web page, but not loaded by Picard plugin (PICARD-52)
- Edits to metadata in “Details…” menu not reflected in UI (PICARD-13)
- The status bar/new metadata box is updated when a selected file/track is changed. (PICARD-14)
You can download the new version, as usual, at http://musicbrainz.org/doc/MusicBrainz_Picard