Another fortnight and another release with a small crop of bugs and then some! The biggest changes this week:
- Work attributes support, originally part of last May’s schema change, is finally done and released!
- PDF support for the Cover Art Archive. PDFs won’t appear as the front cover, since they can’t generally be displayed in a browser and the Internet Archive doesn’t currently create thumbnail images for them.
- Removing RDFa. Most of you probably never used it anyway, but as we’ve been talking about for a while now, and especially with the great work LinkedBrainz has been doing, it was time to stop poorly half-maintaining rapidly-disintegrating RDFa support on musicbrainz.org itself.
Aside from that, we have the usual crop of fixes, primarily cleanup from the fixes above, the new release editor, and the new URL relationships.
The git tag for this release is
- [MBS-5244] – Remove bits of RDFa which were commented out because of invalid HTML.
- [MBS-6067] – Internal server error when using query parameter with a lookup in the webservice
- [MBS-7267] – Country column is blank when looking up a FreeDB ID
- [MBS-7299] – Place types and alias types are not translatable
- [MBS-7300] – Existing image URLs always link to .jpg when adding an image
- [MBS-7311] – RE: Guess case dropdown doesn’t update when changed on the other tab
- [MBS-7319] – Not possible to enter Facebook URLs by typing
- [MBS-7322] – URL are not added when creating work with ISWC
- [MBS-7323] – Can’t edit artist because of badly retrieved URL
- [MBS-7324] – ISE: Caught exception in MusicBrainz::Server::Controller::AutoEditorElections->nominate “Can’t call method “name” on an undefined value at lib/MusicBrainz/Server/Controller/AutoEditorElections.pm line 34, line 3
- [MBS-7325] – ISE: Caught exception in MusicBrainz::Server::Controller::AutoEditorElections->nominate “Can’t call method “is_auto_editor” on an undefined value at lib/MusicBrainz/Server/Controller/AutoEditorElections.pm line 29, line 3.”
- [MBS-7326] – ISE: Caught exception in MusicBrainz::Server::Controller::AutoEditorElections->nominate “Forbidden at lib/MusicBrainz/Server/Data/AutoEditorElection.pm line 53, line 3.”
- [MBS-7329] – Importing a multiple artist freedb release gives a seeding error for the “artist” field
- [MBS-7332] – ISE trying to see release merge
- [MBS-7333] – beta: ISRC code missing from heading on ISRC page
- [MBS-7334] – Beta: IPI codes no longer shown in artist and label sidebars
- [MBS-7335] – Deprecated relationships are no longer prevented from being added
- [MBS-7336] – URL error messages don’t always get shown
- [MBS-4116] – Cover art archive: Support .pdf
- [MBS-7318] – Label bubble should appear when focusing the catalogue number input field
- [MBS-5863] – Dynamic work attributes (UI)