Today we released our first schema change update since NGS. This change is quite a radical one, as it merges both of our databases (”READWRITE” and “RAWDATA”) into a single database. For most users of the database, this probably won’t affect you, but you’re encouraged to run the upgrade process anyway. Here’s what you need to do:
- Take down the web server running MusicBrainz, if you’re running a web server.
- Turn off cron jobs if you are automatically updating the database via cron jobs.
DB_SCHEMA_SEQUENCE to 13 in
- Make sure your
REPLICATION_TYPE setting is
- Switch to the new code with
git fetch origin followed by
git checkout v-20110711-schema-change
./upgrade.sh from the top of the source directory.
- Install the perl modules Algorithm::Merge and Algorithm::Diff
- Turn cron jobs back on, if needed.
- Restart the MusicBrainz web server, if needed.
This process may take a while, as it has to dump one database into another, and download a few extra changes to ensure slaves aren’t missing any data. The RAWDATA database should no longer be in use and you should be able to drop it, but waiting to see that everything is working well might be a good idea.
This schema change does not introduce any new data. For everyone else, here’s a list of what got fixed since the last release!
- [MBS-1977] – ModBot is unable to close some edits
- [MBS-1979] – Unable to edit a "later translated versions" relationship with change direction
- [MBS-2026] – Subscribed artists open edits won’t load for editors with large amounts of subscriptions
- [MBS-2442] – MB postgres unaccent extension overwrites unaccent.so library shipped with postgres-contrib
- [MBS-2689] – Timeline isn’t working in Opera 10
- [MBS-2698] – Some tables are not replicated through Live data feed
- [MBS-2812] – Adding track times has caused a failed dependency for an edit which changed the track titles.
- [MBS-2826] – Web service returns malformed XML (not escaped properly)
- [MBS-2831] – "Edit medium" edit display: Artist credits changes are incorrect
- [MBS-2974] – I don’t receive e-mail when someone votes no to my edit any more
- [MBS-2981] – Changing the case of recording comments should be auto-edits
- [MBS-2986] – tracklist_index was not populated during NGS
- [MBS-2995] – Caught exception in MusicBrainz::Server::Controller::WS::2::ReleaseGroup->release_group_browse "Can’t call method "format"
- [MBS-1500] – Remove tracklist_index.tracks
- [MBS-1707] – Advanced tracklist in RE: "Title" to "Disc title"
- [MBS-2242] – Disable editing of Medium title when there’s only one medium
- [MBS-2434] – Combine READWRITE and RAWDATA
- [MBS-2462] – Other edit types that don’t highlight what has changed between old and new values
- [MBS-2583] – "Edit Medium" should show you which medium is being edited with respect to the overall release
- [MBS-2767] – Release-group XML result should include first release date