We’ve finally gotten around to setting up BitCoin as a form of taking donations. We’re now ready to accept donations with this BitCoin address:
Another release! Due to holiday here in the US, and poor planning on the part of yours truly, a day late. The biggest thing this release is that we’ve finally enabled instrument credits, the schema changes for which were added in May of 2013. This means it should now be possible to enter the names of instruments as credited, whether or not this matches the name of the instrument entity in MusicBrainz! Thanks to bitmap and chirlu for fixing the bulk of the issues this release.
The git tag for this release corresponds to the correct day of release, so is
v-2014-09-01. The full list of fixed issues, as usual:
- [MBS-4531] – Pending edits not highlighted in appearances section of relationships tab
- [MBS-4673] – Pending edits are not highlighted in artist credits
- [MBS-5511] – “see all versions” release group link is missing the “moderation pending” pending edits orange background colour
- [MBS-6088] – Pending relationship edits are not highlighted on inline release display
- [MBS-6540] – Artist not highlighted on release page even though it has pending edits
- [MBS-7371] – Release editor does not warn about unlinked label
- [MBS-7554] – “Remove relationship” edits don’t store the “ended” field
- [MBS-7670] – ISE when adding catalog for recording
- [MBS-7767] – Mini relationship editor may change unrelated ARs
- [MBS-7776] – Text attribute with value “0” is not displayed
- [MBS-7779] – Tabs in dropdown menus show as ” “
- [MBS-7809] – Track parser can cause track to disappear with mysterious validation error
A day late with putting this out, due to some sleep mis-scheduling on the part of yours truly, but we’re back with another release! This release includes a variety of small bug fixes and improvements, as well as a reworking of the track parser, which now supports a more complete set of options to control exactly which information is parsed and which is updated in the tracklist. Thanks to bitmap, chirlu, ianmcorvidae, nikki, and reosarevok for their work on this release!
The git tag for this release is
Full list of issues in this release:
- [MBS-7753] – Username displays wrongly on area pages
- [MBS-7799] – unable to add artist as database entry
- [MBS-7800] – Last.fm URL cleanup doesn’t work for .br and .com
- [MBS-7804] – URL cleanup for places doesn’t validate links to Discogs or Other Databases
- [MBS-7805] – series-rels inc parameter doesn’t work since WebServiceInc was not updated
- [MBS-5925] – Show whether you’re subscribed to a collection on the collection overview
- [MBS-6705] – Move “No linguistic content” lyrics language from “Other” to “Frequently used”
- [MBS-7270] – The option to parse vinyl track numbers can be confusing
- [MBS-7749] – Rap Genius is now Genius
- [MBS-7797] – When editors are not referenced in the DB, delete their rows entirely rather than renaming to Deleted Editor #N
- [MBS-7798] – Release relationship editor needs a loading indicator
- [MBS-7803] – Add reports for entities with annotations
- [MBS-3730] – Feature parity: Please re-add the ability to parse only times
- [MBS-3732] – Feature parity: Please re-add the ability to parse only titles
- [MBS-4921] – Add a [No lyrics] option to works language
- [MBS-7785] – Update ESTER to account for the merger of its branches
Another fortnight, another release. This one includes the usual bug fixes as well as some improvements. For editors, sort names are no longer required on alias pages (they’ll default to the name if left blank). For web service clients, it’s also now possible to do fuzzy TOC searches for non-CD mediums by passing a media-format=all option to the /ws/2/discid endpoint.
Thanks to chirlu, nikki, and the MetaBrainz team for their hard work on today’s release.
The git tag is
- [MBS-7739] – Release group type not properly displayed in RG search results
- [MBS-7744] – ws/2 not returning correct Area alias type
- [MBS-7763] – Cannot edit band membership
- [MBS-7771] – Textarea fields don’t escape HTML special characters
- [MBS-7774] – ISE when changing series relationship number attribute
- [MBS-7775] – Initial order is ignored when creating a manually ordered series
- [MBS-7783] – Empty link phrase section after removing relationship
- [MBS-6833] – Display a map on the places page
- [MBS-6896] – Stop requiring users to enter sortnames for non-artist entities
- [MBS-7757] – Add a media-format=all option to the /ws/2/discid endpoint
- [MBS-7758] – Do not require a discid argument if a TOC is supplied
- [MBS-7764] – _generic_link MACRO is really slow
- [MBS-7786] – Long URL cleanup regexes should be split into separate ones
- [MBS-7787] – Annotation edit types should share a single template
- [MBS-7756] – Make use of %ENTITIES in (yet) more places
I’m pleased to announce that our annual report for 2013 is available now. If you would like to know some details of what makes MusicBrainz/MetaBrainz tick, about our finances, hosting, machines and community, click the link and read on!
Thanks to Navap for doing the legwork on this report!
A small release this week, as a lot of work has been happening on larger things in progress and on other projects. Still a few various bugs and some improvements aimed at improving the performance of the release and relationship editors. Thanks to chirlu, bitmap, and ianmcorvidae for their work on this release.
The git tag for this release is
Full ticket list.
- [MBS-7594] – Changing a track’s recording doesn’t properly clear the old recording from cache
- [MBS-7680] – Add relationship dialog prepopulated with too many attributes
- [MBS-7717] – Discogs URL cleanup doesn’t remove trailing dash
- [MBS-7720] – Release group ratings disappeared from release sidebar
- [MBS-7736] – "Merge release" edit not closing
- [MBS-7747] – Missing/duplicate results in inline direct search
- [MBS-7748] – Merging areas doesn’t update places
- [MBS-7135] – Remove "view" part from Discogs master URLs
- [MBS-7689] – mini-relationship-editor UI is unbearably slow when there are many items
- [MBS-7741] – Reordering tracks/mediums in the release editor can be slow
Picard team decided to release a new stable version of Picard before the end of the summer.
To help us, advanced users, translators and developers are encouraged to:
Exact release date is not yet known, and features aren’t yet frozen, but the only important change we’ll try to get in before final release is OAuth support (PICARD-305), we still accept minor patches until feature freeze is announced.
Since Picard is now using some translation resources from MusicBrainz project, translators should make sure following resources are up-to-date:
A simplified list of changes made since 1.2 can be read there.
Be aware that downgrading from 1.3 to 1.2 may lead to configuration compatibility issues, better save your configuration before using 1.3 branch if you intent to go back to 1.2.