A day late with putting this out, due to some sleep mis-scheduling on the part of yours truly, but we’re back with another release! This release includes a variety of small bug fixes and improvements, as well as a reworking of the track parser, which now supports a more complete set of options to control exactly which information is parsed and which is updated in the tracklist. Thanks to bitmap, chirlu, ianmcorvidae, nikki, and reosarevok for their work on this release!
The git tag for this release is
Full list of issues in this release:
- [MBS-7753] – Username displays wrongly on area pages
- [MBS-7799] – unable to add artist as database entry
- [MBS-7800] – Last.fm URL cleanup doesn’t work for .br and .com
- [MBS-7804] – URL cleanup for places doesn’t validate links to Discogs or Other Databases
- [MBS-7805] – series-rels inc parameter doesn’t work since WebServiceInc was not updated
- [MBS-5925] – Show whether you’re subscribed to a collection on the collection overview
- [MBS-6705] – Move “No linguistic content” lyrics language from “Other” to “Frequently used”
- [MBS-7270] – The option to parse vinyl track numbers can be confusing
- [MBS-7749] – Rap Genius is now Genius
- [MBS-7797] – When editors are not referenced in the DB, delete their rows entirely rather than renaming to Deleted Editor #N
- [MBS-7798] – Release relationship editor needs a loading indicator
- [MBS-7803] – Add reports for entities with annotations
- [MBS-3730] – Feature parity: Please re-add the ability to parse only times
- [MBS-3732] – Feature parity: Please re-add the ability to parse only titles
- [MBS-4921] – Add a [No lyrics] option to works language
- [MBS-7785] – Update ESTER to account for the merger of its branches
Another fortnight, another release. This one includes the usual bug fixes as well as some improvements. For editors, sort names are no longer required on alias pages (they’ll default to the name if left blank). For web service clients, it’s also now possible to do fuzzy TOC searches for non-CD mediums by passing a media-format=all option to the /ws/2/discid endpoint.
Thanks to chirlu, nikki, and the MetaBrainz team for their hard work on today’s release.
The git tag is
- [MBS-7739] – Release group type not properly displayed in RG search results
- [MBS-7744] – ws/2 not returning correct Area alias type
- [MBS-7763] – Cannot edit band membership
- [MBS-7771] – Textarea fields don’t escape HTML special characters
- [MBS-7774] – ISE when changing series relationship number attribute
- [MBS-7775] – Initial order is ignored when creating a manually ordered series
- [MBS-7783] – Empty link phrase section after removing relationship
- [MBS-6833] – Display a map on the places page
- [MBS-6896] – Stop requiring users to enter sortnames for non-artist entities
- [MBS-7757] – Add a media-format=all option to the /ws/2/discid endpoint
- [MBS-7758] – Do not require a discid argument if a TOC is supplied
- [MBS-7764] – _generic_link MACRO is really slow
- [MBS-7786] – Long URL cleanup regexes should be split into separate ones
- [MBS-7787] – Annotation edit types should share a single template
- [MBS-7756] – Make use of %ENTITIES in (yet) more places
I’m pleased to announce that our annual report for 2013 is available now. If you would like to know some details of what makes MusicBrainz/MetaBrainz tick, about our finances, hosting, machines and community, click the link and read on!
Thanks to Navap for doing the legwork on this report!
A small release this week, as a lot of work has been happening on larger things in progress and on other projects. Still a few various bugs and some improvements aimed at improving the performance of the release and relationship editors. Thanks to chirlu, bitmap, and ianmcorvidae for their work on this release.
The git tag for this release is
Full ticket list.
- [MBS-7594] – Changing a track’s recording doesn’t properly clear the old recording from cache
- [MBS-7680] – Add relationship dialog prepopulated with too many attributes
- [MBS-7717] – Discogs URL cleanup doesn’t remove trailing dash
- [MBS-7720] – Release group ratings disappeared from release sidebar
- [MBS-7736] – "Merge release" edit not closing
- [MBS-7747] – Missing/duplicate results in inline direct search
- [MBS-7748] – Merging areas doesn’t update places
- [MBS-7135] – Remove "view" part from Discogs master URLs
- [MBS-7689] – mini-relationship-editor UI is unbearably slow when there are many items
- [MBS-7741] – Reordering tracks/mediums in the release editor can be slow
Picard team decided to release a new stable version of Picard before the end of the summer.
To help us, advanced users, translators and developers are encouraged to:
Exact release date is not yet known, and features aren’t yet frozen, but the only important change we’ll try to get in before final release is OAuth support (PICARD-305), we still accept minor patches until feature freeze is announced.
Since Picard is now using some translation resources from MusicBrainz project, translators should make sure following resources are up-to-date:
A simplified list of changes made since 1.2 can be read there.
Be aware that downgrading from 1.3 to 1.2 may lead to configuration compatibility issues, better save your configuration before using 1.3 branch if you intent to go back to 1.2.
Another fortnight, another release. A bit quiet this time for the summer and some vacations and holidays, but a few bugfixes, some refactoring, and the addition of browse by area in /ws/2. navap also found a security issue which allowed editing of collections by any user, which is not listed below. Thanks to nikki, bitmap, navap, and chirlu for their work on this release!
The git tag for this release is
- [MBS-7617] – Changing a URL’s link type on a series edit page doesn’t trigger any validation
- [MBS-7672] – Relationship type dropdown is not ordered correctly
- [MBS-7673] – Entity types are inconsistently ordered when adding a relationship
- [MBS-7684] – Spurious closing </span> tags
- [MBS-7691] – OZON.ru URLs are automatically edited to add partner=musicbrainz
- [MBS-7696] – “This attribute type is only used for grouping, please select a subtype” when editing works
- [MBS-7698] – Release editor asks for confirmation to leave even if there are no changes (but the release has URL relationships)
- [MBS-7700] – Work attribute types are not sorted alphabetically
- [MBS-7703] – Unused urls in l_series_url are not removed
- [MBS-7707] – Work attributes are not sorted in the sidebar
- [MBS-7713] – Percent signs not escaped in Wikipedia extract link to Wikipedia
- [MBS-7694] – link areas to other entities in the webservice
- [MBS-7702] – Reduce the duplication in link_* macros
- [MBS-7704] – Factor out entity treeness into a role
Due to two conflicting summits in (our own and the GSoC Summit) around our usual schema change release date, we’ve decided to move the autumn schema change to 17 November, 2014. This will ensure that our developers are properly rested before attempting a hard task such as a schema change.
We hope this won’t cause too much trouble for everyone downstream.