Today’s release progresses in finishing up the UI for last schema change. One of the changes introduced was tag voting, and as of this release you can finally upvote/downvote tags on the website. This should make it easier for people to re-use tags and to hide tags they consider wrong.
In other news, artist and place collections can be created now, too.
The rest of the release contains various bug fixes and refactorings (some without tickets, but visible in the git log).
Thanks to JesseW, legoktm, nikki, and the MetaBrainz team for their work. The git tag is
v-2015-06-29 and the changelog is below.
- [MBS-8430] – SQL exception when undoing creation of a record label: “Controller::Edit->cancel “Failed query: …” “
- [MBS-8443] – Not possible to remove dates in the relationship editor
- [MBS-8448] – ISE on Donation Check page
- [MBS-4145] – Up/down vote for tags
- [MBS-7987] – Event series should be (auto-)ordered by date
This release includes a variety of bugfixes, listed below, plus a few more entities are now available for collections.
The git tag for this release is
- [MBS-6065] – Internal server error when double submitting an add artist edit
- [MBS-8408] – Existing external links can be edited to have deprecated types
- [MBS-8409] – Track parser won’t parse times for data tracks if there’s a disc ID
- [MBS-8410] – Track parser can change the data track boundary
- [MBS-8421] – Recording list on a work’s page has misaligned data
- [MBS-8425] – Wikipedia extract not shown for artist with Commons link in Wikidata
- [MBS-8431] – Statistics page sorting is broken
- [MBS-6737] – Improve the warning banner
- [MBS-8031] – make mirror server’s “return to musicbrainz.org” link go to the right place
We’re back with another fortnightly release of musicbrainz-server. A small set of bugs this release, as we’re still primarily working on the bits of UI that were not finished for last fortnight’s schema change release. MBS-7489, relationship artist credits, is now finished, and (not listed below), work collections are done and ready to be used. Still remaining are collections for a variety of additional entities (eventually, everything but URLs, which would just be silly) and tag upvoting/downvoting. Thanks to all contributors and we hope you enjoy these improvements!
The git tag for this release is
Full list of bugs:
- [MBS-8187] – URL with open edits not removed when no relationships are left
- [MBS-8341] – Can’t seed work attributes to /work/create: HFH: param clash for edit-work.attributes value
- [MBS-8384] – Series-series relationships aren’t displayed
- [MBS-8401] – “send email” broken for me (only?)
- [MBS-7972] – Make edit relationship edits auto-edits when the endpoints don’t change
- [MBS-7489] – Artist Credits for Relationships
- [MBS-8375] – Add a bunch of new sites to otherdbs
- [MBS-8378] – Fix redirect on /tags link to docs
Here’s the final server update before our 2015-05-11 schema change. This posting comes late, which I apologize for, since the release coincided with switching over to our new load balancers, and I had trouble deploying things at first.
Included in this update are new “Guess feat. artists” buttons, seen on recording, release, and release group edit pages. Their purpose is to help move featured artists from titles to artist credits. To find them, look for icons with “ft.” next to the older guess-case ones.
We also now have the possibility for ordering relationships other than series ones (say, work parts), though as of this writing, they still need to be enabled as a style matter.
Thanks to chirlu, nikki, Ujjwal Wahi, and the MetaBrainz team for contributing to today’s release. The git tag is
v-2015-04-27 and the complete changelog is below.
- [MBS-8284] – Contact user form should require a verified email address
- [MBS-8321] – Readding same information in the relationship editor gives unexpected results
- [MBS-8349] – Unique (medium, position), (track, position) indexes no longer created on slave databases
- [MBS-3375] – Ability to specify sort order for sub-works that are part of an aggregate work.
- [MBS-3799] – Show more information for releases in the inline search
- [MBS-8332] – Make removing URLs an auto-edit for auto-editors
- [MBS-3388] – “Guess artist credits” – automation support for RFC-327 and moving feats etc to artist-credits
- [MBS-8344] – Remove abbreviation expanding from guess case
Another release out today, this time with a couple new features for editors to take note of:
- It’s now possible to add releases without any mediums attached. This is useful for cases where the release is known to exist but the tracklist is unknown. Currently this feature is a bit hidden: you have to remove the default blank medium to expose a checkbox that lets you confirm your intention to submit things that way. Based on community feedback, we can possibly make this more visible in the future. Note that it’s not (yet) possible to add mediums without tracks, only releases without mediums.
- There’s now a minimum voting period length for destructive edits like merges and removals. Even if such edits get three yes votes, they’ll remain open for a minimum of 48 hours.
Thanks to chirlu (especially for the latter feature) and the MetaBrainz team for their work on today’s release. The git tag is
v-2015-04-06 and the complete changelog is below.
- [MBS-8137] – Release editor does not prevent duplicate label/catno pairs
- [MBS-8162] – “Add work” from artist sidebar includes useless artist parameter
- [MBS-8163] – Merging labels can produce duplicate label/catno pairs
- [MBS-8300] – Medium title “0” not displayed
- [MBS-8313] – Can’t remove last attribute from a relationship via the /relationship-editor endpoint
- [MBS-8234] – Enforce a minimum voting period for destructive edits
- [MBS-8327] – Show an icon for CDBaby links
- [MBS-3235] – Allow adding release stubs (without tracklist)
Today’s release focuses on fixing various editing bugs, particularly in the release editor. For those who use the track parser often, it should be a lot better at retaining track MBIDs after you reuse recordings now.
The entire list of changes for today is below. Thanks to chirlu and the MetaBrainz team for working on these tickets.
The git tag is
- [MBS-5108] – Setting end-date is no longer auto-edit
- [MBS-7719] – “Reuse previous recordings” button not available after using the track parser
- [MBS-7983] – After adding “translator” relationship, “translated” flag gets stuck for subsequent relationship
- [MBS-8212] – “Copy the release artist credit to the release group” on the release page is broken
- [MBS-8272] – Web service doesn’t output language or script for releases that are relationship targets
- [MBS-8285] – Unable to edit release with deprecated external links
- [MBS-8286] – Seeding URLs on Add Release is broken
- [MBS-8296] – It’s now impossible to re-order Release Groups in a Manual Series
- [MBS-7071] – Make it possible to use the Track Parser to fix mistakes without creating new Track MBIDs
- [MBS-8231] – Use https URLs in emails
- [MBS-8281] – Remove the knockout-postbox plugin
This one’s mostly a small bug-fix release, since improvements to sitemaps and other big projects have been concurrently in the works. One thing of note is that the “external links editor” on entity edit pages was rewritten to be more maintainable in the long run; hopefully no bugs have creeped in with the new code, but if any have then please report them on our issue tracker!
Thanks to reosarevok and the MetaBrainz team for working on the changes below. The git tag is
- [MBS-8055] – Series-Series relationships are blocked by JS
- [MBS-8151] – Filename not being shown in remove cover art edits
- [MBS-8221] – Work pages don’t show event rels
- [MBS-8270] – Bottom display of work relationships is inaccurate for works appearing across multiple tracks
- [MBS-7913] – Allow seeding of non-URL ARs when creating non-Release entities via URL parameters
- [MBS-8258] – Rewrite the external links editor in React