I’m pleased to announce that our annual report for 2013 is available now. If you would like to know some details of what makes MusicBrainz/MetaBrainz tick, about our finances, hosting, machines and community, click the link and read on!
Thanks to Navap for doing the legwork on this report!
A small release this week, as a lot of work has been happening on larger things in progress and on other projects. Still a few various bugs and some improvements aimed at improving the performance of the release and relationship editors. Thanks to chirlu, bitmap, and ianmcorvidae for their work on this release.
The git tag for this release is
Full ticket list.
- [MBS-7594] – Changing a track’s recording doesn’t properly clear the old recording from cache
- [MBS-7680] – Add relationship dialog prepopulated with too many attributes
- [MBS-7717] – Discogs URL cleanup doesn’t remove trailing dash
- [MBS-7720] – Release group ratings disappeared from release sidebar
- [MBS-7736] – "Merge release" edit not closing
- [MBS-7747] – Missing/duplicate results in inline direct search
- [MBS-7748] – Merging areas doesn’t update places
- [MBS-7135] – Remove "view" part from Discogs master URLs
- [MBS-7689] – mini-relationship-editor UI is unbearably slow when there are many items
- [MBS-7741] – Reordering tracks/mediums in the release editor can be slow
Picard team decided to release a new stable version of Picard before the end of the summer.
To help us, advanced users, translators and developers are encouraged to:
Exact release date is not yet known, and features aren’t yet frozen, but the only important change we’ll try to get in before final release is OAuth support (PICARD-305), we still accept minor patches until feature freeze is announced.
Since Picard is now using some translation resources from MusicBrainz project, translators should make sure following resources are up-to-date:
A simplified list of changes made since 1.2 can be read there.
Be aware that downgrading from 1.3 to 1.2 may lead to configuration compatibility issues, better save your configuration before using 1.3 branch if you intent to go back to 1.2.
Another fortnight, another release. A bit quiet this time for the summer and some vacations and holidays, but a few bugfixes, some refactoring, and the addition of browse by area in /ws/2. navap also found a security issue which allowed editing of collections by any user, which is not listed below. Thanks to nikki, bitmap, navap, and chirlu for their work on this release!
The git tag for this release is
- [MBS-7617] – Changing a URL’s link type on a series edit page doesn’t trigger any validation
- [MBS-7672] – Relationship type dropdown is not ordered correctly
- [MBS-7673] – Entity types are inconsistently ordered when adding a relationship
- [MBS-7684] – Spurious closing </span> tags
- [MBS-7691] – OZON.ru URLs are automatically edited to add partner=musicbrainz
- [MBS-7696] – “This attribute type is only used for grouping, please select a subtype” when editing works
- [MBS-7698] – Release editor asks for confirmation to leave even if there are no changes (but the release has URL relationships)
- [MBS-7700] – Work attribute types are not sorted alphabetically
- [MBS-7703] – Unused urls in l_series_url are not removed
- [MBS-7707] – Work attributes are not sorted in the sidebar
- [MBS-7713] – Percent signs not escaped in Wikipedia extract link to Wikipedia
- [MBS-7694] – link areas to other entities in the webservice
- [MBS-7702] – Reduce the duplication in link_* macros
- [MBS-7704] – Factor out entity treeness into a role
Due to two conflicting summits in (our own and the GSoC Summit) around our usual schema change release date, we’ve decided to move the autumn schema change to 17 November, 2014. This will ensure that our developers are properly rested before attempting a hard task such as a schema change.
We hope this won’t cause too much trouble for everyone downstream.
It’s that exciting time again: another release of bug fixes and improvements. User-visible changes include a menu showing recently-used entities in autocomplete lookups (previously only available in the relationship editor), plus the display of other identities/legal names on artist pages. Thanks go to the MetaBrainz team and chirlu and nikki for their hard work on this release!
The git tag is
Here’s the complete changelog:
- [MBS-3537] – Add a unique constraint on medium (release, position)
- [MBS-7149] – Relationship editor AR popup: only previously used *artists* are remembered
- [MBS-7303] – Missing recordings in release (after updating the release)
- [MBS-7405] – Inline search claims there are no results when the search returns an error
- [MBS-7578] – Regression: Work types list is no longer sorted alphabetically
- [MBS-7605] – Release editor allows invalid characters to sneak into the database
- [MBS-7649] – Edit alias edits don’t display properly if the alias has since been removed
- [MBS-7651] – Alias edits show no value for various fields
- [MBS-7652] – edit_series_fk_edit and edit_series_fk_series are missing
- [MBS-7653] – MB.utility.joinList should use the same logic/strings as the comma_list MACRO
- [MBS-7665] – annotation edit changelog shows object reference ARRAY(0xa190008) instead of actual input text
- [MBS-7666] – DBDefs.pm.sample is still at schema version 19
- [MBS-7667] – GenerateSQLScripts doesn’t check for the existence of CreateTables.sql
- [MBS-7669] – Whitespace not trimmed for series number in the relationship editor
- [MBS-1943] – Reorganize the sidebar to show the most important information first
- [MBS-2474] – Display artist legal/performance name more prominently
- [MBS-2602] – Show recent labels/artists in lookup popups
- [MBS-6277] – Move release group relationships section for releases to the overview tab
- [MBS-6731] – Add link to doc/Release/Format from Tracklist tab
- [MBS-7668] – Add a stat for number of MBIDs known.
A day late in actually releasing it, but we have a new server release! Assorted bug fixes, improvements, and refactoring make up this release. Thanks to the MetaBrainz team and supplementary work from chirlu, reosarevok, and nikki. The git tag for this release is
v-2014-06-09. The full list of fixed tickets:
- [MBS-4669] – Webservice returns an ASIN that was added in a voted down edit
- [MBS-5526] – Diff highlighting messes up descriptions in edit relationship type edits
- [MBS-7455] – ISE for /ws/js/edit/preview: Error: Could not create MusicBrainz::Server::Edit::Release::DeleteReleaseLabel edit
- [MBS-7552] – Entering a Series that requires disambig. changes the part of-numbering
- [MBS-7574] – Regression. Can’t fill release group field by pasting URL
- [MBS-7583] – Nonfunctional relationship page for instruments
- [MBS-7584] – Double “Relationships” heading on label relationships page
- [MBS-7585] – Missing series in subscriptions page
- [MBS-7588] – ARRAY(0x1987d1c8) shown on add work edit
- [MBS-7589] – Edit types in edit search are sorted in ASCII order
- [MBS-7590] – Search results for instruments should strip markup from the description
- [MBS-7604] – Whitespace+invalid character at the end of a string causes an ISE
- [MBS-7608] – Internal server error looking up CD TOC with too large offsets
- [MBS-7609] – “Refine this search” links breaks for entities with no entity filter in the edit search
- [MBS-7611] – Internal server error loading annotation revision
- [MBS-7614] – Relationship attributes are validated against the old link type
- [MBS-7615] – Changes to URLs only are treated as no change
- [MBS-7624] – Possible to create edits which add two unknown country release events
- [MBS-7633] – l(‘Series’) is ambiguous
- [MBS-7636] – Regression + data corruption: edit page swaps the direction of relationships
- [MBS-1377] – Turn relationships with multiple instrument/vocal attributes into multiple relationships
- [MBS-7541] – Add Series to the statistics
- [MBS-7542] – Add instruments to statistics
- [MBS-7595] – Discid edits should show release artist
- [MBS-7618] – fullexport generation must complete before replication packets are copied, resulting in temporary but several-hour gaps in the available replication packets
- [MBS-7621] – Treat non-free-text work attribute types with no options as grouping types
- [MBS-7631] – Make instrument relationships link back to the instrument entity pages
- [MBS-7499] – Add vkdb.jp to the otherdbs whitelist
- [MBS-7571] – Factor out lists of entities in the code