Hard disks – progress!

The faulty disk has gone back (no refund so far though). I ordered a new disk from a different supplier, got it within 24 hrs, and it’s now in my machine and humming along nicely. So now I’ve finally got the RAID 5 working.


I still haven’t decided what I want to do about the old hard disks (3 x 40Gb IDE) – whether I just keep them all, or try to migrate everything onto the SATA RAID and remove the IDE disks completely, or maybe keep one IDE disk for booting. Anyway for now I have all my data, and lots of free space, so I’m happy 🙂

At some point in the near future I think I’ll open up my server to the world (the MB development web site that is – currently the firewall only allows a select few IPs in), so that I can more easily invite people to try out new features without using test.musicbrainz.org (which is, after all, Rob’s development platform not mine). Inviting you all to try out “Annotations”, and offer your feedback, has been really positive so far, so I’d like to do that more often.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s