Releases: Picard and libtunepimp

We released the 0.6.0 version of Picard today — this release fixes many bugs and adds the much anticipated mp4, mpc and wma plugins! Also included in this release are support for generating cuesheets, M3U, PLS and XSPF playlists.

The downloads links are:

To make all the changes happen inside of Picard, we also needed to release a new version of libtunepimp:

Thanks again to Lukáš Lalinský for brining you this release!

Technorati Tags: , , ,

Changes from 0.5.1:

New features:

  • New file formats: Musepack (mpc), WMA, MP4
  • Support for generating cuesheets and playlists (M3U, PLS and XSPF)
  • Setting TDTG frame in ID3 tags
  • Confirmation dialog before closing of application with unsaved files.

Fixed bugs:

  • #973 – “Force Save” for albums
  • #946 – AttributeError: ‘SplitterWindow’ object has no attribute ‘SetSelection’
  • #936 – Are You Sure?
  • #930 – New files never marked as O.K. /checked
  • #902 – Track->Album matching bug with drag&drop
  • #108 – flac with special characters in file name give error
  • #7 – Refresh directory list manually doesn’t work
  • #106 – Make delete key a shortcut for the big, red X
  • #90 – Converting genres to numbers
  • #88 – MB ID for VA albums under single artist is always “Various Artists”

12 thoughts on “Releases: Picard and libtunepimp

  1. dave

    I’m trying to use it under Ubuntu behind a firewall, it seems to work fine when it’s not trying to call the web directly.

    Is there somewhere in the python code that I can hardcode my proxy settings? I quick look only revealed proxy settings for Amazon album art within Picard, and a function for setting the proxy within the python library wrappers, I’m not sure when/if the latter is called.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Also, probably unrelated, I see this exception in the window I run Picard from:

    Exception in thread Thread-3:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File “/usr/lib/python2.4/threading.py”, line 442, in __bootstrap
    self.run()
    File “/home/dave/picard-0.6.0/lib/albummanager.py”, line 419, in run
    al.load()
    File “/home/dave/picard-0.6.0/lib/album.py”, line 336, in load
    mb.QueryWithArgs(musicbrainz.MBQ_GetAlbumById, [self.id])
    AttributeError: ‘module’ object has no attribute ‘MBQ_GetAlbumById’

  2. Arathorn

    Does it save ID3 tags to mpc files? Because I just tagged a batch op mpc files and the don’t seem to have any tag info.

  3. dave

    Thanks Lukas, removing (one of) Ubuntu’s libmusicbrainz seems to have fixed it, I now get:

    MusicBrainzError: Query failed: Cannot find server: musicbrainz.org

    Which makes much more sense, as I’m still behind the proxy.

    cheers

  4. Josef K.

    I got the same error in kubuntu64 (cannot find server…) even if I’m NOT behind a proxy
    any idea what should I try to fix it?

  5. dave

    I got around the ‘cannot find server’ message by hardcoding a proxy in the __init__ of the mb class in /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/musicbrainz.py like so:

    mbdll.mb_SetProxy(self.mb, c_char_p(“cache.example.com”), c_int(8080))

    But I don’t have any good suggestions for how to proceed if you’re not behind a proxy.

  6. Alex Churchill

    Is there a problem with writing Japanese characters to the ID tags? It’s great that Picard can rename music files to filenames including kanji and kana (unlike the previous Windows tagger), but I seem to find that (even with my computer running in Japanese locale), the fields like artist, album title etc, come up with the キ character in place of any kanji or kana that should be in the name. This makes last.fm records come out rather wrong, for example…

  7. Alex Churchill

    Update: re the bug I mention above, it happens with MP3s, but not WMA files – for some reason the kanji will appear just fine in the tags for those.

  8. Daeluin

    Installed everything per instructions, had to downgrade gentoo’s ctypes to 0.9.6 to get musicbrainz.py installed, everything else went fine. Picard runs fine, no gui problems, but when I attempt to add any file it returns this (tunepimp?) error:

    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File “./tagger.py”, line 484, in OnTimer
    tr = self.tunePimp.getTrack(fileId)
    File “/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/tunepimp/tunepimp.py”, line 334, in getTrack
    tr = track.track(self, tplib.tp_GetTrack(self.tp, id))
    TypeError: __init__() takes exactly 2 arguments (3 given)

    Can’t imagine what I did wrong… running amd64.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s