We have released the next version of MusicBrainz Picard. Picard 0.12 includes a lot of bug fixes and new features, including:
- Support for ratings and folksonomy tags.
- Live syntax checking for tagger script and naming strings.
- Embed cover art into WMA and APEv2 tags.
- New script functions $matchedtracks(), $initials(), $firstalphachar(), $truncate() and $firstwords()
- New plugin extension point ui_init, allowing plugins to add new UI elements to the main window.
- A new high quality application icon.
- Support for originaldate tag. While this is not filled by Picard itself it can be used from within plugins such as the Original Release Date plugin.
- Write ISRCs from MusicBrainz into tags.
- CD drive dropdown selection on Linux.
- Various small improvements to the UI.
- Updated translations and the option to choose the user interface language.
A complete list of changes be found in NEWS.txt.
Picard 0.12 is available for download for Windows and Linux. The Mac OS X version will be released later, sorry for that. We are still in search for a long term maintainer of Picard on OS X.
Thanks to everybody who contributed to this release.