A few days behind on this one, but we’ve got this release out. This release has one controversial change, which I want to discuss in this blog post.
Displaying Relationships on Release Pages
A lot of people want this, and we’ve shipped something that adds this functionality. However, a lot of people think this is too verbose, and to a point I agree – there’s a lot of information there that can be displayed better. However, work on this issue has been on and off for almost the past 2 years. We’ve got a solution here that while far from ideal will get this ball rolling.
This is an unpopular move on my half, but I’m asking users to please try and bear with us until the next release (scheduled in for 5th December), which is just over a week away. Hopefully having this fairly messy display so open will raise enough discussion on how exactly to move forward. If you really must see it gone, you can use AdBlock or user styles in your browser to hide the
Changes in this Release
- [MBS-2067] – CDStub not displayed in the "Matching CDs" section on CDTOC lookup page
- [MBS-3668] – all edits including "Auto-edits" are being tallied as "Accepted" edits in editor profile
- [MBS-3688] – Wrong coverart on all-zeros barcodes
- [MBS-3718] – Inline search has problems with search terms with " (double quotes) and colons in them (and maybe others)
- [MBS-3734] – Google indexes MusicBrainz search result (and some other) pages it shouldn’t
- [MBS-3754] – Splitting an artist shouldn’t be an auto-edit
- [MBS-3755] – Importing from FreeDB puts the artist name in the wrong field
- [MBS-3759] – Auto-editor election isn’t showing own vote (instead: private)
- [MBS-3764] – Typo on artist merge page
- [MBS-3768] – Error when editing URL into one that already exists
- [MBS-3777] – Musicbrainz breaks https://secure.wikimedia.org link in edit notes
- [MBS-3786] – Entities with tag count on top of tag view page is incorrect
- [MBS-2979] – Enable CORS (Cross-Origin Resource Sharing)
- [MBS-3105] – Country/Language/Script statistics should include a statistic for those with none set.
- [MBS-3752] – Making edit note for "Add release" mandatory
- [MBS-3767] – Distinguish between Discogs master and release URLs on release pages
- [MBS-3778] – Separate release group links from release links on release pages