We’ve just finished pushing an update to our web servers. This is our first release since the schema change, and we’ve tried to address the problem of artist landing pages. As a temporary solution, we’ve split the page up by type a bit more now, which we hope is a step in the right direction. We’re currently discussing this at User:Reosarevok/Overview Options on the wiki, and your feedback is important. If you feel strongly about this, please have a read at the ideas on that page and feel free to comment/add your own.
This release features work from Ian McEwen, nikki, Joachim LeBlanc, Nicolás Tamargo and the rest of the MusicBrainz team. Thanks everyone for your hard work!
- [MBS-1121] – Disabled submit buttons have no distinctive style
- [MBS-3861] – IMDb links not fully normalized
- [MBS-4278] – Copy changes to recordings edits the wrong recordings if recording associations were changed
- [MBS-4336] – Release editor > removing a track resets manually changed track positions
- [MBS-4520] – Deleting tracks does not update track numbers
- [MBS-4569] – Full page titles aren’t shown in /doc
- [MBS-4621] – Don’t use empty <img> tags on pages with no images
- [MBS-4649] – YouTube channel autoselect is broken
- [MBS-4656] – “Video” option for “can be streamed for free at” relationship is listed under the “License” subheading.
- [MBS-4662] – ISE: Can’t edit a relationship attribute
- [MBS-4664] – Use of uninitialized value in sprintf at lib/DBDefs.pm line 314.
- [MBS-4681] – Edit maked as Applied, but it isn’t
- [MBS-4687] – Link to create new relationship types doesn’t work
- [MBS-4697] – Approve votes missing from edit search
- [MBS-4720] – Audiobook is a primary release-group type
- [MBS-4733] – Merging release groups fails if release groups have secondary types
- [MBS-4752] – Musicbrainz webservice <iswc-list> changes break compatibility with existing applications.
- [MBS-4757] – Edit artist alias (sort name) is auto-edit
- [MBS-4760] – Release groups with secondary types cannot be deleted
- [MBS-4765] – DB_SCHEMA_SEQUENCE hasn’t been updated to 15 in DBDefs.pm.default
- [MBS-4767] – Cannot accept edit release group edits that change the primary type to a type that no longer exists
- [MBS-4769] – Bad description row in statistic_event
- [MBS-4770] – ISE: Error when requesting non-existent relationship types on /relationships
- [MBS-4772] – ModBot cannot apply old edit work edits that add ISWCs
- [MBS-684] – TOC lookup displays too little release info
- [MBS-1874] – Search for the documentation
- [MBS-3748] – Adding new instruments is a pain
- [MBS-4298] – Confusing text when merging releases+recordings
- [MBS-4561] – Make disambiguation on tracklist credits smaller
- [MBS-4568] – Add <bdi> tags to help with rendering of RTL text
- [MBS-4657] – Add cover art to timeline
- [MBS-4700] – Fix inline buttons
- [MBS-4742] – Add a mention to the “Split Into Separate Artists” page that aliases prevent a split (or automatic removal)
- [MBS-4762] – Cover art statistics should be displayed on the tabular pages.
- [MBS-4686] – Add wikisource.org to the lyrics whitelist
In other news, Oliver will be on holiday for one week (yipee!), and will be back in a week. Reachable via email if need be.
The commit sha for this release is
, a Git tag will follow when Rob is back tomorrow. and the git tag is