Another two weeks and once again, a nice pile of fixed bugs! Thanks to uk/chirlu and reosarevok for fixing a few bugs along with the MetaBrainz team.
Some bits that might interest you:
- It’s now possible to get an add-entity dialog right from the inline search fields. This should make it much easier to add relationships, especially, as well as creating new artists and labels where needed in the release editor. This also ends up improving the already-existing dialog for creating works in the relationship editor, to include the full functionality of the add work page. We’re hoping to get a fuller blog post on this feature up in the coming days.
- The artist overview now filters out many release groups by default, for a less cluttered view that should more reliably include only the main discography of bigger artists, rather than including a lot of bootlegs, concert recordings, and other releases that aren’t always useful to see. Of course, there’s still a button to see all release groups.
- Perhaps less obvious than other changes, but a lot of colors and some other minor styles have changed slightly on the site, as part of a reorganization of our CSS files.
… and, of course, the usual crop of bugs and small improvements. There’s a full list below. The tag for this release is
- [MBS-5876] – Internal server error requesting a non-existent collection via the webservice
- [MBS-6547] – Relationship editor popups go out of the screen if titles are too long
- [MBS-6556] – Pressing enter doesn’t submit create work dialog in relationship editor
- [MBS-6572] – label/edit_form claims /Label_Comment is a guideline
- [MBS-6772] – regression : can’t reorder more than one cover art in the same edit
- [MBS-6867] – Incorrect help text ‘You must select an existing release group. If you wish to move this release, use the “change release group” action from the sidebar.’
- [MBS-6928] – Creating release via CD TOC is broken (for Various Artists releases)
- [MBS-6977] – Relationship editor regression: track artists no longer displayed
- [MBS-6990] – beta : clicking in a release opens a recording in a new window
- [MBS-7025] – Labels not being shown in merge releases edits
- [MBS-7057] – Internal server error when attempting to do merges with different entities simultaneously
- [MBS-7058] – /relationship-editor endpoint ISEs if you don’t include “ended” fields
- [MBS-7061] – The tracklistings are gone in the release view.
- [MBS-7069] – beta: Buttons wrongly positioned on edit note tab of release editor
- [MBS-7077] – beta: sizing issues with dialogs/autocompletes in relationship editor
- [MBS-1467] – Allow new artists to be created directly from the “Relate to…” search box
- [MBS-3420] – Allow creating new release groups when editing existing releases via the release editor
- [MBS-5313] – Add official (default) and unofficial displays for Overview
- [MBS-5446] – The work creation widget should have a “Guess Case” part
- [MBS-5515] – Allow adding artists in the relationship editor
- [MBS-6428] – Move to LESS for more structure in the stylesheets
- [MBS-6437] – button :active state only fires for <a> elements
- [MBS-6583] – Make cache prefix names for types more obvious
- [MBS-6879] – Add reports of entities with deprecated relationships
- [MBS-6926] – Remove %E2%80%8E from the end of URLs
- [MBS-7052] – Set cover art page says “No releases have cover art” when it’s not true
- [MBS-7066] – Load area codes in initial load, instead of separately.
- [MBS-7067] – Use rel=nofollow on external links.
- [MBS-5442] – The work creation widget should allow to create a work with an ISWC
- [MBS-7055] – Fix the spelling of eligble_for_cleanup