Hi everyone! Here we are with another very, very late style update for the last couple months.
Apart from quite a few smaller changes (full list below), we split the translator relationship so that it’s its own relationship rather than lyricist + attribute (so if any of you were using translator data at all you’ll want to change the way you query for it). Similarly, we got rid of the “transliterated” vs. “translated” difference for alternate tracklists: it often wasn’t clearly one or the other, and the information wasn’t particularly useful in any case without checking the language and script of the release, so now there’s only one relationship type without attributes.
We also demoted the “Do Not Cluster” guideline – while it’s a good thing to keep in mind when creating relationship types, it’s not really something users should be worrying about (and the cases where they might have to are already covered in the specific relationship documentation).
If anyone has any question about these or any other changes, feel free to ask in the comments! And if you want to propose other changes or additions, remember you can always do it from the STYLE section of our bug tracker.
- [STYLE-315] – Remove the option to add publisher relationships to recordings
- [STYLE-474] – Introduce the option to add phono rights relationships to recordings
- [STYLE-481] – Add artist-release group “has dedication” relationship
- [STYLE-505] – Add “written at” relationship between work and place/area
- [STYLE-538] – “Arranged at” Place relationship
- [STYLE-542] – Allow soundcloud/mixcloud etc. links on event series (festivals)
- [STYLE-548] – Event – Release Group rel: Performed
- [STYLE-392] – Make “Do not cluster” more sensible
- [STYLE-420] – Drop “transliterated” attribute from the “transliterated/translated tracklist” relationship type
- [STYLE-435] – Split “Translator” into its own relationship
- [STYLE-460] – Revisit the [dialogue] guideline for NGS
- [STYLE-482] – Deprecate the release-URL samples IMDb entry relationship type
- [STYLE-494] – Add dorian keys to the list of keys for works
- [STYLE-520] – Clarify the soundtrack guidelines stance on VA usage
- [STYLE-528] – Add Turkish Makam work attributes
- [STYLE-539] – Specify that tribute albums are cover albums