Backwards-Incompatible JSON Web Service Changes
In an effort to get our JSON Web Service out of “beta” status, we’ve made some backwards-incompatible changes to it in this release:
videoflag on recordings is now outputted as true or false instead of 1 or 0.
relationsarrays are not outputted for linked entities anymore, since linked entities never include relationships.
iso_3166_3_codesproperties have been renamed to
iso-3166-3-codes, respectively. This only applies to lookup and browse requests; search requests already outputted these with hyphens.
iso-3166-properties mentioned in the previous point are not outputted if they’re empty.
Some other changes to the web service have been made, but are considered additions (not changes to existing output), so hopefully shouldn’t cause any problems. You can review them in the changelog below.
An issue where entities deleted from the database (but still present in the cache) remained visible has hopefully been fixed. There are several other miscellaneous bug fixes linked below. Thanks again to Ulrich Klauer for his contributions. The git tag is
- [MBS-5676] – JSON relationships output doesn’t include target-type
- [MBS-6166] – Deleted accounts can still have details edited
- [MBS-7241] – Non-transactional cache means the cache can sometimes fail to delete entities that are gone at the database level
- [MBS-7735] – ws/2: recording’s “video” flag inconsistent between xml and json
- [MBS-7921] – Internal server error when requesting /ws/2/isrc as JSON
- [MBS-8367] – ws2 JSON incorrectly returns non-included field as null value
- [MBS-8396] – JSON output has no ordering key attribute for release group series
- [MBS-8563] – Release & Release Group browse requests without type/status filters return results which contradicts the documentation
- [MBS-8688] – Random tagged entity type display inconsistency in personal tag page
- [MBS-8722] – Edit stuck trying to change the gender of a group
- [MBS-8726] – Replicated updates don’t invalidate cache entries on slave servers
- [MBS-8730] – Reordering of sub work parts causes unwanted reordering of main work parts
- [MBS-8746] – JSON web service doesn’t distinguish between relationships not existing vs. not being loaded