This is our first release since the NewHost move, so it’s a mishmash of changes required for that and whatever else people submitted in between.
First, some dependency changes: memcached has been dropped as a dependency. We now use Redis as a cache, which had already been used for storing login sessions. In production we run two separate Redis instances: one as a cache (note: configure the DBDefs settings
PLUGIN_CACHE_OPTIONS) and one as a persistent session store (
DATASTORE_REDIS_ARGS). But it’s also safe (if less flexible) to use a single Redis instance without a
maxmemory setting for both, because cached entries will expire by default. So if you already had Redis running locally, you may not need to make any changes to your configuration.
This release also requires the Perl module
DBD::Pg to be version 3, which you may already have. If not, you can upgrade only that module with this command:
Thanks also to chirlu for upgrading reCAPTCHA on our registration page (which has hopefully reduced new spam accounts), Zastai for fixing some oversights in our JSON webservice, and reosarevok for removing the restriction on score URLs.
The git tag is
- [MBS-8762] – ISNI doesn’t appear on JSON WS
- [MBS-9035] – Coro dependency causes build failure on Perl 5.22 and newer
- [MBS-9091] – JSON WS: Aliases do not include begin/end date and ended flag
- [MBS-9127] – NewHost: UI language does not match “lang” in cookie
- [MBS-9132] – cannot add an alias (area)
- [MBS-9031] – Replace all usages of memcached with redis
- [MBS-9130] – Upgrade to new reCAPTCHA (version 2)