Instruments, part four: After Summer Special and loose ends

After 2-ish months of summer vacation I decided to do an “After Summer Special” (name as a reference to After School Specials)

By the end of summer I had been working hard… on Debussy instead of instruments! Oops!

Once September arrived I realised that I needed to get things back in order, so I set about finishing this version:

Bug

  • [INST-545] – Reverse parentage of classical/acoustic guitars

New Feature

Improvement

  • [INST-430] – akete is missing proper description (along with some improvements)
  • [INST-477] – table steel guitar alias
  • [INST-501] – Please add a couple of Dutch aliases to bullroarer
  • [INST-518] – rebec relations
  • [INST-554] – Improvements to hardingfele aliases
  • [INST-583] – add aliases to handclaps

——–

I also decided to close the tambouras (strings) version, as after much delay there wasn’t really much progress on it. I had started work on these way back in January, adding the Tamburica instruments (see Instruments part two).
However, by the time ASP came to an end it had became clear to me that I had to move on from dwelling on this, to feel like there was progress and avoid burning out.

Now, after over half the INST tickets have been closed, I had a bit more experience and I could finally finish work on this + some random stragglers left over from the “next” version.

Anyway, after all that, I decided that the thing we needed to do, was to, Get Serious

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.