Our bandwidth provider will proceed to maintainance operations on its routers, on Sep, 28th between 5AM and 7AM CEST.
You may experience connectivity issues to our services during it, for a maximum of 20 minutes.
Sambhav’s GSoC project is all about Picard 2.0, and among progress made the devel version is now installable via PyPi: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/picard_dev
To install the dev builds you need to have a Python 3.5 or greater. At the moment it is mainly a port of 1.4.x to Python 3 and Qt5, with support for HiDPI and new icons !
Please note that Picard Dev version uses a different config file than your stable Picard installation. As such the settings and plugins will be on their default configuration.
To use your stable config with the dev version, simple copy your “Picard.ini” file from your MusicBrainz user folder to “Picard Dev.ini” which can be found in the same folder.
Since testers may want to run a stable 1.4.x version along the 2.0 dev one, the executable is named “picard_dev”.
Of course, we encourage people to test this version on every platform they can, and report any issue.
Thanks to Sambhav
for the fantastic job he did on this ! And stay tuned, more to come !
Official MusicBrainz cross-platform music tagger Picard 1.4.2 is now out.
This is mainly a bugfix release, the only notable improvement is related to TOPE/TOAL tags.
Users can get Windows and MacOSx packages from Picard website downloads section.
- [PICARD-1053] – Picard does not stop analyzer while moving
- [PICARD-1055] – picard hangs with: RuntimeError: maximum recursion depth exceeded in cmp
- [PICARD-1070] – The “Convert Unicode punctuation characters to ASCII” function only works in certain tags
- [PICARD-1077] – ID3v2.4 text encoding settings are not saved correctly
- [PICARD-969] – Search dialog webservices get queued behind matched album requests
- [PICARD-1034] – Picard not seeing TOPE and TOAL
Official MusicBrainz cross-platform music tagger Picard 1.4.1 is now out, it contains few fixes and enhancements, plus few extra features that didn’t make it to 1.4.
As usual you can get Windows and MacOSx packages from Picard website downloads section.
Most notable changes are the fix of a regression concerning drag-n-drop on MacOSx and improved cover art box, with better visual feedback about changes in cover art images.
Thanks to all contributors who helped on this release: Antonio Larrosa, Frederik “Freso” S. Olesen, Laurent Monin, Lukáš Lalinský, Sambhav Kothari, Sophist, tungol, Ville Skyttä, Wieland Hoffmann.
And to all of our translators!
To report any issue about this release, please use our bug tracker. As usual you can also get help on the forum or on IRC (freenode, #musicbrainz).
We’ll now focus on 2.0, which will be mostly a port of 1.4.x to Python 3 and Qt5.
It will open the way to UI improvements, and improved overall performance.
- [PICARD-953] – Album shown matched even if extra unmatched files
- [PICARD-972] – Removing album with saves pending does not remove pending saves
- [PICARD-973] – Pending log messages not flushed to stderr on quit
- [PICARD-988] – Drag & Drop not working
- [PICARD-990] – Picard violating ID3 standard for TXXX frames
- [PICARD-996] – Disabling the cover art box and enabling it again doesn’t bring it back
- [PICARD-998] – Disabling the action toolbar sometimes doesn’t work
- [PICARD-1005] – If a cluster is moved to the album side of the main window it gets moved to unmatched files
- [PICARD-1006] – Drag and drop for cover arts doesnt work on OSX
- [PICARD-1010] – Unsetting View/Cover Art doesn’t work permanently
- [PICARD-1011] – Toolbar tab order incorrect after PICARD-908
- [PICARD-1014] – Number of images in release info is calculated incorrectly
- [PICARD-1015] – Artwork tab of the Track Info DIalog doesn’t show changes anymore
- [PICARD-1018] – CoverArtBox doesn’t show new/removed images after unmatched files are added/removed to the album
- [PICARD-1023] – Directory persistence for Add Directory needs tweaking
- [PICARD-1029] – Fix ~artists_sort metadata variable
- [PICARD-1042] – Missing import for PICARD_APP_NAME
- [PICARD-258] – Visual feedback for changes to artwork in before-after pane.
- [PICARD-1000] – Implement artwork diff for albums
- [PICARD-943] – Remove monkey patching of file write methods in picard formats
- [PICARD-1041] – Replace Ok button text by Make It So! in Options dialog
- [PICARD-223] – Remove should work when Unmatched Files is selected
- [PICARD-666] – Drop MP3 tagging support
- [PICARD-951] – Always use HTTPS for musicbrainz.org
- [PICARD-952] – Use Cover Art Archive over HTTPS
- [PICARD-961] – Mention AcoustID on Scan button too
- [PICARD-980] – Drag&drop cover art doesn’t work for images from amazon/google images/https links
- [PICARD-1012] – Buttons on the “User Interface” and “Scripting” pages are smaller than buttons in other places
- [PICARD-1016] – Multiple images in related tracks confusing
- [PICARD-1021] – Picard loads all pending files before quitting
- [PICARD-1024] – Allow specifying a configuration file path
- [PICARD-1030] – Allow to add/replace cover art images and keep existing cover art
Official MusicBrainz cross-platform music tagger Picard 1.4 is now out, containing many fixes and new features!
The last time we put out a stable release was more than 2 years ago, so a lot of changes have made it into this new release. If you’re in a hurry and just want to try it out, the downloads are available from the Picard website.
2 years is a long time for software, and Picard has been the subject of a couple of Google Summer of Code projects and plenty of developments required by changes in dependencies and the MusicBrainz project itself. Overall, the changes would be too numerous to list. If you’re curious to read it all, a complete list of changes can be seen on the website. Here are at least a few of the highlights: Continue reading
We set up a new european FTP mirror: ftp://ftp.eu.metabrainz.org
URLs to MusicBrainz Server Virtual Machines were changed in the process, you may find them at ftp://vm.musicbrainz.org/pub/musicbrainz-vm/, documentation was updated to reflect this change.
This is a maintenance release, mostly bug fixes. All users are encouraged to upgrade.
Binary packages are available at http://picard.musicbrainz.org/downloads/
- [PICARD-273] – Picard should use the correct Accept header when talking to web services.
- [PICARD-589] – Picard refuses to load files if any path component happens to be hidden
- [PICARD-642] – ConfigUpgradeError: Error during config upgrade from version 0.0.0dev0 to 1.0.0final0
- [PICARD-649] – Windows installer sets working directory to %PROGRAMFILES%\MusicBrainz Picard\locale
- [PICARD-655] – Last.fm plus tooltip help elements are all messed up
- [PICARD-661] – Regression: Tagger script for cover art filename does not work anymore
- [PICARD-662] – Retrieving collections causes AttributeError: release_list
- [PICARD-663] – Artist name makes it impossible to save
- [PICARD-658] – Support the new pregap and data tracks
- [PICARD-659] – Set the originalyear tag when loading a release
- [PICARD-665] – Web service calls to ports 80 and 443 do not need explicit port specification. 443 should be automatically made https.