This release enables relationship credits for areas and places, contains more URL cleanup & auto-select fixes, and changes the behavior of the artist-merge option to rename credits to only rename those that match the original artist names.
The git tag is
- [MBS-9380] – ReverbNation URLs are not correctly cleaned up
- [MBS-9394] – Upper case CD Baby URLs are blocked as “not allowed or incorrectly formatted”
- [MBS-9446] – PartialDate is missing a TO_JSON method
- [MBS-9455] – “Performance of” attributes not showing if rel is orderable
- [MBS-9471] – Relationship editor breaks if two link attribute types have the same name
- [MBS-9469] – Add autoselect for VIAF for places
- [MBS-9316] – Add Operabase to the otherDBs whitelist
- [MBS-9353] – Do not show collections or user profiles to people not logged in
- [MBS-9019] – Extend relationship credits to places
- [MBS-9303] – Add support for Facebook’s fb.com domain
- [MBS-9334] – Enable URL cleanup for Recochoku artist URLs
- [MBS-9435] – Update Rock.com.ar URL format
- [MBS-9444] – Update the YouTube logo used in the sidebar
- [MBS-9457] – Update the Patreon logo used in the sidebar
- [MBS-9458] – “Rename artist and relationship credits” should only rename matching credits
- [MBS-9459] – Enable relationship credits for Areas
- [MBS-9467] – Add support for fallback Patreon user URLs with numeric ID
We’ve been focusing on finishing up some overdue schema change features (alternative tracklists, for one) and doing various refactorings/making some under-the-hood changes, which is why there hasn’t been a release in a while. But here’s a few small fixes that have accumulated.
The git tag is
- [MBS-9409] – Error merging mediums with and without pregap tracks
- [MBS-9416] – wikidata url format redirect addition
- [MBS-9434] – “stream for free” YouTube URL linked to a release should show as “stream on YouTube” instead of “watch on YouTube”
In order to deter spammers, bios and homepages can no longer be set by limited users (accounts less than 2 weeks old, or with less than 10 accepted edits).
Thanks to ferbncode, Sophist, and yvanzo for their work on the tickets below.
The git tag is
- [MBS-9342] – InitDb.pl fails to import data with DBD::Pg 3.6.0
- [MBS-9372] – Revoking editing/voting editor rights also renders them unable to write edit notes
- [MBS-9392] – JSON-LD schema.org structured data broken
- [MBS-9401] – SQL generation fails for release groups (script/dump-entities-sql.pl)
- [MBS-9403] – position attribute is missing in the json api output for media > track
- [MBS-9355] – Do not allow an editor to set bio/link if the user is limited
- [MBS-9391] – Retry downloading dumps in docker container (for creating and importing dumps)
- [MBS-9323] – Artist web page with long wikipedia entry looks bad
This release mainly fixes some bugs around reorganized lyrics languages for work, and includes a few small improvements. Thanks to Zastai for fixing events browsing for area.
The git tag is
- [MBS-8757] – Error browsing events by area
- [MBS-9338] – Can’t add languages to existing works that have none set
- [MBS-9341] – “0 field is required” if work language is selected, then blanked
- [MBS-9345] – Can’t batch-add works without a language set
- [MBS-9347] – Regression: “- MusicBrainz” is appended to homepage title instead of others
- [MBS-9362] – Work language edits preceding schema change are not applied
- [MBS-9354] – Block /collection as per robots.txt
- [MBS-8640] – Make adding work attributes auto-edits
- [MBS-9311] – Add autoselect and validation of CD Baby Artist-URL relationship
- [MBS-9348] – Update CD Baby URLs normalization and sidebar display
- [MBS-9350] – Add autoselect/sidebar for Big Cartel URLs
We’re happy to announce the release of our May 2017 schema change today! Thanks to all who were patient during today’s downtime as we released everything to our production servers.
This is a fairly minor release as far as schema changes go, but please do report any issues that you come across.
Currently, the only visible change for editors is the ability to add multiple lyrics languages to works. We’ve also modified the schema to support dynamic attributes for entities other than works, but the UI for that won’t be complete for another release or two.
Now, on to the instructions.
Schema Change Upgrade Instructions
Note: Importing the latest data dump is always a valid alternative to running
./upgrade.sh on an existing database, if you’d prefer to also get new data in one go. Just follow the relevant instructions in INSTALL.md. The rest of the instructions here assume an in-place upgrade.
- Make sure
DB_SCHEMA_SEQUENCE is set to 23 in
- If you’re using the live data feed (your
REPLICATION_TYPE is set to
RT_SLAVE), ensure you’ve replicated up to the most recent replication packet available with the old schema. If you’re not sure, run
./admin/replication/LoadReplicationChanges and see what it tells you; if you’re ready to upgrade, it should say “This replication packet matches schema sequence #24, but the database is currently at #23.”
- Take down the web server running MusicBrainz, if you’re running a web server.
- Turn off cron jobs if you’re automatically updating the database via cron jobs.
- Switch to the new code with
git fetch origin followed by
git checkout v-2017-05-15-schema-change.
cpanm --installdeps --notest . (note the dot at the end) to ensure your perl-based dependencies are up to date.
- Downgrade DBD::Pg by running
cpanm TURNSTEP/DBD-Pg-3.5.3.tar.gz (version 3.6.0 breaks things currently).
./upgrade.sh (it may take a while to vacuum at the end).
DB_SCHEMA_SEQUENCE to 24 in
lib/DBDefs.pm as instructed by the output of
- Turn cron jobs back on, if applicable.
- Restart the MusicBrainz web server, if applicable. It’s also recommended you restart redis. If you’re accessing your MusicBrainz server in a web browser, run
npm install followed by
For those curious, here’s the list of resolved tickets (excluding MBS-8393):
- [MBS-9271] – Prevent usernames from being reused
- [MBS-9273] – Fix the a_ins_edit_note function in older setups to not populate edit_note_recipient for own notes
- [MBS-9274] – Fix the edit_note_idx_post_time_edit index in older setups to handle NULL post_time
- [MBS-5452] – Support multiple lyric language values for works
This release brings feature parity with the pre-NGS edit search, thanks to work by yvanzo.
Note: The “My Vote” search condition has been replaced by “Voter,” with sub-condition “is me.”
The git tag is
- [MBS-2673] – Filter by voter
- [MBS-3362] – Filter out own edits
- [MBS-3665] – Inform users of appropriate formats to use for expired/created/closed time or edit/Id ranges
- [MBS-3914] – Filter edit queue by subscribed editors
- [MBS-5681] – Filter by vote
- [MBS-9088] – Search for editor edits fails
- [MBS-9295] – Allow Baidu Baike URLs using current format
The ability of normal users to auto-edit their own release additions within an hour of entering them has been expanded to all entity types, not just releases. There’s also a new feature in the relationship editor dialog to control which relationship credits you’re changing. Thanks to yvanzo for working on those tickets.
We’ve also resolved some more URL cleanup/detection tickets, and fixed a bug in the release editor causing stub releases to get created. Zastai fixed our web service to respect the
Accept: header for search requests (thanks!).
The git tag is
v-2017-03-27 and the complete changelog is below.
- [MBS-8578] – If the checkbox to copy a Medium’s artist credits to the Recording is ticked, the release editor creates a stub and fails to submit relationships/URLs and Mediums
- [MBS-9258] – Web service search requests don’t pass Accept: header to search servlet
- [MBS-9288] – “Change all relationship credits” for source entity has no effect
- [MBS-9289] – Area places map doesn’t display
- [MBS-9290] – “video channel” link type shouldn’t be restricted
- [MBS-9287] – Update the YouTube logo used in the sidebar
- [MBS-8134] – Allow unreviewed edits on new entries for a period of time
- [MBS-8465] – Change similar relationship credits for on the page.
- [MBS-8522] – Add Twitch.tv to video channel relation and video stream auto-selectors
- [MBS-9291] – Add Dailymotion to video channel relation and video stream auto-selectors