This bugfix release mainly addresses UI regressions from the previous server release. Thanks to reosarevok, it now handles license links for works and SoundCloud links for places. Another change is that emails sent with a hidden address from the website by other editors are now using email@example.com like other emails from the website do. The git tag is v-2018-05-09.
- [MBS-9658] – /instruments page breaks if a new instrument type is added but not used
- [MBS-9673] – Entity search options in the header are no longer translated
- [MBS-9693] – Tags without vote are not immediately visible
- [MBS-9705] – Overview tab link is now appended with /show
- [MBS-9708] – Querying area containments is very slow
- [MBS-9639] – Extend Soundcloud relationship to places
- [MBS-9688] – Add autoselect and cleanup for work license rel
- [MBS-9692] – Normalize VocaDB and UtaiteDB URLs to HTTPS
- [MBS-9696] – Replace @users.musicbrainz.org with firstname.lastname@example.org in hidden email From field
After two months of rewriting parts of the website renderer to React/JSX, it was about time for an intermediate release. We tried hard to make as little changes to the rendered web pages as possible. Thanks to spellew for rewriting the ISRC and “not found” pages. MusicBrainz finally gets rid of Google Analytics, thanks to chirlu’s early contribution. Besides, this release contains a few small user interface improvements and bugfixes, as well as usual additions to the lyrics whitelist. The git tag is v-2018-04-23.
- [MBS-9606] – Rewrite ISRC index page to React/JSX
- [MBS-9607] – Rewrite “not found” pages to React/JSX
- [MBS-9626] – Rewrite entity headers to React/JSX
- [MBS-9635] – Rewrite Wikipedia extract to React/JSX
- [MBS-9689] – Rewrite the election pages to React/JSX
- [MBS-9690] – Rewrite the aliases pages to React/JSX
- [MBS-9374] – Langcode not displayed when searching works
- [MBS-9548] – Same link showing twice on the sidebar
- [MBS-9628] – Items from main menu do not expand down in IE11 on MusicBrainz
- [MBS-9636] – Edit annotation tab in Work uses the wrong sub header even if work type is available
- [MBS-9668] – Non-English breaks the instrument list
- [MBS-3643] – Add Musixmatch to the lyrics whitelist
- [MBS-6530] – Remove Google Analytics
- [MBS-9645] – Extend Geonames autoselect to places
- [MBS-9648] – Add a bunch of lyrics sites to the whitelist
- [MBS-8417] – Wikipedia extract language fallback should be smarter
- [MBS-9681] – Group core entity types in search options
We recently decided not to have a spring 2018 schema change release. As usual, we still have some bits left over to finish up from the last spring schema change. More importantly, we’re making a concerted effort to improve the user experience (UX) of the MusicBrainz site — more on that in a blog post later.
We may decide to do an autumn 2018 schema change, but this depends on how well our UX efforts progress over the course of winter and spring.
This server release mainly introduces a confirmation request when adding a new release (or a new medium to a release) without setting a format, because entering this information is often skipped, yet the editor usually knows it. It also contains URL cleanup updates and localization bugfixes, and the instrument list template has been rewritten in React. The git tag is v-2018-02-09. Thanks to naiveaiguy and spellew for their contributions!
- [MBS-9590] – Rewrite the instrument list in React/JSX
- [MBS-9599] – Translations are not applied on the 404 page
- [MBS-9600] – Work attribute type and value names are not translated on the work edit form
- [MBS-9603] – Series ordering type descriptions are not translated on the series edit form
- [MBS-9368] – Ask for confirmation when leaving format empty
- [MBS-9587] – Add a few Japanese lyrics sites to the whitelist
- [MBS-9562] – Improve Deezer URL cleanup
- [MBS-9597] – Update VGMdb URL cleanup to use https
- [MBS-9612] – Remove locale from Last.fm URLs
This small server release brings a new report for recordings, updates URL cleanup, and provides enhancement for guessing letters’ case in French titles. It also features preliminary changes for further switch to live search, still available for test. The git tag is v-2018-01-24. Thanks again to naiveaiguy and haruute for their contributions!
- [MBS-9425] – New Report: “Recordings with same name by different artists with same name”
- [MBS-9582] – Add UtaTen to the lyrics whitelist
- [MBS-9608] – Update Bandsintown URL cleanup to reflect new URL format
- [MBS-5345] – Guess Case > French mode > Le, La, Les, L’ or L’ followed by only one word. That word should be capitalized
Here’s the first release of 2018! Its main changes are listed below. It also brings a few additional small bug fixes and code refactoring, such as changing the sidebar rating and tag UI components to use React. The git tag is v-2018-01-10. Thanks to naiveaiguy and haruute for their contributions!
- [MBS-9370] – Tests race condition triggers error “Couldn’t connect to the renderer”
- [MBS-9578] – Editor private subscriptions/tags/ratings pages should not be linked to
- [MBS-8206] – New Report: Official/Promotional Releases supporting Disc IDs that don’t have an attached Disc ID
- [MBS-9561] – Add Anison Generation to the otherDBs whitelist
- [MBS-9566] – Add Brahms IRCAM to the otherDBs whitelist
- [MBS-9574] – Add patronage auto-select/cleanup for Drip URLs
- [MBS-8576] – Show work type description in work editing form
Winter has arrived! And so did the latest release of the MusicBrainz server, bringing updates (React 16.2.0 and Lodash 4.17.4), code refactoring, and a bunch of bug fixes. Thanks to navap for updating the documentation search and to reosarevok for adding La Boîte aux paroles to the Lyrics whitelist. The git tag is v-2017-12-21.
- [MBS-9525] – Database dump sometimes fails to sync to FTP
- [MBS-9540] – Release lookup does not return user ratings in json ws
- [MBS-9542] – New default iTunes link format (without “id” characters) is denied
- [MBS-9547] – ModBot leaves note with broken unicode
- [MBS-9570] – Email header fields with non-ASCII characters are not correctly encoded
- [MBS-9577] – Google custom search engine (WikiDocs) is out of date
- [MBS-9575] – Make “Enable vinyl track numbers” opt-in for new users