Mostly a bug-fix release, with a few small improvements. Thanks a lot to yvanz, reosarevok, loujin, and ferbncode for their contributions. The git tag is
- [MBS-8931] – invalid ISRC creates Internal Server Error
- [MBS-9214] – Cover art types tick boxes are listed with scrollbars in Opera 42 Stable
- [MBS-9219] – [Multiple languages] (Basic) is automatically added when editing/saving an editor profile
- [MBS-9246] – Tool-tips displaying “undefined” text
- [MBS-9250] – Places map displays over header menus
- [MBS-9252] – Setup using INSTALL.md: cpanfile missing entry Plack::Middleware::Debug
- [MBS-9211] – Add autoselect, clean-up, and validation + sidebar for LiveFans URLs
- [MBS-9166] – Remove “early” from Guess Case
- [MBS-9176] – Add Release Group page shouldn’t display the artist tabs
- [MBS-9237] – Don’t immediately fill back the default AC while editor is typing
- [MBS-9254] – Show place dates on the Places list for areas
Official MusicBrainz cross-platform music tagger Picard 1.4 is now out, containing many fixes and new features!
The last time we put out a stable release was more than 2 years ago, so a lot of changes have made it into this new release. If you’re in a hurry and just want to try it out, the downloads are available from the Picard website.
2 years is a long time for software, and Picard has been the subject of a couple of Google Summer of Code projects and plenty of developments required by changes in dependencies and the MusicBrainz project itself. Overall, the changes would be too numerous to list. If you’re curious to read it all, a complete list of changes can be seen on the website. Here are at least a few of the highlights: Continue reading
New features include a map of places contained in an area, thanks to work by loujine, and a report of instruments without an image, thanks to yvanz.
More URL cleanup fixes were submitted by yvanz, and a display bug with the locale drop-down was fixed by chirlu. Thanks again to all who contributed this release.
The git tag is
- [MBS-9062] – Correct play.spotify.com → open.spotify.com
- [MBS-8168] – Statistics for label types are missing from the stats pages
- [MBS-8236] – Recognise classicalarchives.com/artist/… URLs
- [MBS-9168] – Specific locales aren’t indented
- [MBS-9224] – The gulpfile sometimes produces a corrupt rev-manifest bundle
- [MBS-9229] – Regression: No longer able to add http://www.bandsintown.com URLs
- [MBS-9232] – Pinterest URL cleanup adds a second /
- [MBS-7795] – Display a map in Areas that shows all the places contained in the area.
- [MBS-9193] – Report instruments with neither image nor Wikidata item
- [MBS-8249] – Standardise and validate Spotify URLs
As Google has now announced the finalists of this round of Google Code-in, it feels only right that we also take a look back at what’s been taking up a large chunk of our time the last couple of months.
Divya Prakash Mittal (India – returning from last year!), Daniel Theis (Germany), and Tigran Kostandyan (Russia) all made it to the finalists, with Anshuman Agarwal (India) and Daniel Hsing (Hong Kong) additionally taking home the Grand Prize Winner positions! Congratulations to all of you and thank you so much for your contributions this year. 🙂 Continue reading
We have many more URL display, cleanup, and auto-selection fixes thanks to yvanz, and one from GCI student anshuman73. A bug with browse requests for instruments and series in our web service has been fixed by Zastai. Thanks to jonathonwiebe, too, for correcting an outdated link in our INSTALL file.
The git tag for today’s release is
- [MBS-9195] – Convert data.bnf.fr URLs into catalogue.bnf.fr ones
- [MBS-9128] – Unwanted “list” argument is not removed from YouTube URLs
- [MBS-9173] – JSON browse requests for instruments and series fail
- [MBS-8998] – Display CPDL score links on the sidebar
- [MBS-9194] – Add a bunch of sites to the “other database” whitelist
- [MBS-7734] – Improve Facebook URL clean up
- [MBS-8365] – Add autoselect, clean-up, and validation for Pinterest URLs
- [MBS-8390] – Add autoselect, clean-up, and validation + sidebar display for Bandsintown URLs
- [MBS-9002] – Disable and tick the “ended” checkbox when the end date field is filled
- [MBS-9159] – Enable URL cleanup for Instagram URLs
- [MBS-9181] – Improve ReverbNation URL cleanup
Libdiscid 0.6.2 includes these changes:
- ISRC and MCN support on BSD (Zastai)
- LIB-60: fix make check for default device on generic/unknown platform
- make Doxygen output reproducible (no timestamps; Sebastinas)
- remove newline for Linux device “1” from proc (Zastai)
The download can be found at http://musicbrainz.org/doc/libdiscid.
Python-discid 1.1.1 includes these changes:
The download can be found at https://python-discid.readthedocs.org/.
Thanks to chirlu, yvanz, and GCI students anshuman73, tigranl, and dpmittal for their contributions to today’s release. The git tag is
v-2017-01-16 and the changelog is below.
- [MBS-9175] – Attach TOC: Certain mediums with matching track count not shown when searching by artist
- [MBS-9180] – Near-identical duplicates of common-xxx.js
- [MBS-9186] – Gulpfile fails to build scripts in website containers
- [MBS-9196] – Wikidocs redirects are broken
- [MBS-9198] – Drop-down arrow in the top search missing in Firefox
- [MBS-7307] – Add LinkedIn URLs to sidebar
- [MBS-8828] – Add Songkick URLs to the sidebar
- [MBS-8851] – Add link to the blog on the footer
- [MBS-8995] – Add ReverbNation links to the sidebar
- [MBS-9143] – Remove the FreeDB search option
- [MBS-1319] – Special capitalization of dotted/dotless i/ı in Turkish
- [MBS-8868] – Display label logo for Wikimedia Commons url-relationship