In order to deter spammers, bios and homepages can no longer be set by limited users (accounts less than 2 weeks old, or with less than 10 accepted edits).
Thanks to ferbncode, Sophist, and yvanzo for their work on the tickets below.
The git tag is
- [MBS-9342] – InitDb.pl fails to import data with DBD::Pg 3.6.0
- [MBS-9372] – Revoking editing/voting editor rights also renders them unable to write edit notes
- [MBS-9392] – JSON-LD schema.org structured data broken
- [MBS-9401] – SQL generation fails for release groups (script/dump-entities-sql.pl)
- [MBS-9403] – position attribute is missing in the json api output for media > track
- [MBS-9355] – Do not allow an editor to set bio/link if the user is limited
- [MBS-9391] – Retry downloading dumps in docker container (for creating and importing dumps)
- [MBS-9323] – Artist web page with long wikipedia entry looks bad
This release mainly fixes some bugs around reorganized lyrics languages for work, and includes a few small improvements. Thanks to Zastai for fixing events browsing for area.
The git tag is
- [MBS-8757] – Error browsing events by area
- [MBS-9338] – Can’t add languages to existing works that have none set
- [MBS-9341] – “0 field is required” if work language is selected, then blanked
- [MBS-9345] – Can’t batch-add works without a language set
- [MBS-9347] – Regression: “- MusicBrainz” is appended to homepage title instead of others
- [MBS-9362] – Work language edits preceding schema change are not applied
- [MBS-9354] – Block /collection as per robots.txt
- [MBS-8640] – Make adding work attributes auto-edits
- [MBS-9311] – Add autoselect and validation of CD Baby Artist-URL relationship
- [MBS-9348] – Update CD Baby URLs normalization and sidebar display
- [MBS-9350] – Add autoselect/sidebar for Big Cartel URLs
We’re happy to announce the release of our May 2017 schema change today! Thanks to all who were patient during today’s downtime as we released everything to our production servers.
This is a fairly minor release as far as schema changes go, but please do report any issues that you come across.
Currently, the only visible change for editors is the ability to add multiple lyrics languages to works. We’ve also modified the schema to support dynamic attributes for entities other than works, but the UI for that won’t be complete for another release or two.
Now, on to the instructions.
Schema Change Upgrade Instructions
Note: Importing the latest data dump is always a valid alternative to running
./upgrade.sh on an existing database, if you’d prefer to also get new data in one go. Just follow the relevant instructions in INSTALL.md. The rest of the instructions here assume an in-place upgrade.
- Make sure
DB_SCHEMA_SEQUENCE is set to 23 in
- If you’re using the live data feed (your
REPLICATION_TYPE is set to
RT_SLAVE), ensure you’ve replicated up to the most recent replication packet available with the old schema. If you’re not sure, run
./admin/replication/LoadReplicationChanges and see what it tells you; if you’re ready to upgrade, it should say “This replication packet matches schema sequence #24, but the database is currently at #23.”
- Take down the web server running MusicBrainz, if you’re running a web server.
- Turn off cron jobs if you’re automatically updating the database via cron jobs.
- Switch to the new code with
git fetch origin followed by
git checkout v-2017-05-15-schema-change.
cpanm --installdeps --notest . (note the dot at the end) to ensure your perl-based dependencies are up to date.
- Downgrade DBD::Pg by running
cpanm TURNSTEP/DBD-Pg-3.5.3.tar.gz (version 3.6.0 breaks things currently).
./upgrade.sh (it may take a while to vacuum at the end).
DB_SCHEMA_SEQUENCE to 24 in
lib/DBDefs.pm as instructed by the output of
- Turn cron jobs back on, if applicable.
- Restart the MusicBrainz web server, if applicable. It’s also recommended you restart redis. If you’re accessing your MusicBrainz server in a web browser, run
npm install followed by
For those curious, here’s the list of resolved tickets (excluding MBS-8393):
- [MBS-9271] – Prevent usernames from being reused
- [MBS-9273] – Fix the a_ins_edit_note function in older setups to not populate edit_note_recipient for own notes
- [MBS-9274] – Fix the edit_note_idx_post_time_edit index in older setups to handle NULL post_time
- [MBS-5452] – Support multiple lyric language values for works
Official MusicBrainz cross-platform music tagger Picard 1.4.2 is now out.
This is mainly a bugfix release, the only notable improvement is related to TOPE/TOAL tags.
Users can get Windows and MacOSx packages from Picard website downloads section.
- [PICARD-1053] – Picard does not stop analyzer while moving
- [PICARD-1055] – picard hangs with: RuntimeError: maximum recursion depth exceeded in cmp
- [PICARD-1070] – The “Convert Unicode punctuation characters to ASCII” function only works in certain tags
- [PICARD-1077] – ID3v2.4 text encoding settings are not saved correctly
- [PICARD-969] – Search dialog webservices get queued behind matched album requests
- [PICARD-1034] – Picard not seeing TOPE and TOAL
This release brings feature parity with the pre-NGS edit search, thanks to work by yvanzo.
Note: The “My Vote” search condition has been replaced by “Voter,” with sub-condition “is me.”
The git tag is
- [MBS-2673] – Filter by voter
- [MBS-3362] – Filter out own edits
- [MBS-3665] – Inform users of appropriate formats to use for expired/created/closed time or edit/Id ranges
- [MBS-3914] – Filter edit queue by subscribed editors
- [MBS-5681] – Filter by vote
- [MBS-9088] – Search for editor edits fails
- [MBS-9295] – Allow Baidu Baike URLs using current format
Official MusicBrainz cross-platform music tagger Picard 1.4.1 is now out, it contains few fixes and enhancements, plus few extra features that didn’t make it to 1.4.
As usual you can get Windows and MacOSx packages from Picard website downloads section.
Most notable changes are the fix of a regression concerning drag-n-drop on MacOSx and improved cover art box, with better visual feedback about changes in cover art images.
Thanks to all contributors who helped on this release: Antonio Larrosa, Frederik “Freso” S. Olesen, Laurent Monin, Lukáš Lalinský, Sambhav Kothari, Sophist, tungol, Ville Skyttä, Wieland Hoffmann.
And to all of our translators!
To report any issue about this release, please use our bug tracker. As usual you can also get help on the forum or on IRC (freenode, #musicbrainz).
We’ll now focus on 2.0, which will be mostly a port of 1.4.x to Python 3 and Qt5.
It will open the way to UI improvements, and improved overall performance.
- [PICARD-953] – Album shown matched even if extra unmatched files
- [PICARD-972] – Removing album with saves pending does not remove pending saves
- [PICARD-973] – Pending log messages not flushed to stderr on quit
- [PICARD-988] – Drag & Drop not working
- [PICARD-990] – Picard violating ID3 standard for TXXX frames
- [PICARD-996] – Disabling the cover art box and enabling it again doesn’t bring it back
- [PICARD-998] – Disabling the action toolbar sometimes doesn’t work
- [PICARD-1005] – If a cluster is moved to the album side of the main window it gets moved to unmatched files
- [PICARD-1006] – Drag and drop for cover arts doesnt work on OSX
- [PICARD-1010] – Unsetting View/Cover Art doesn’t work permanently
- [PICARD-1011] – Toolbar tab order incorrect after PICARD-908
- [PICARD-1014] – Number of images in release info is calculated incorrectly
- [PICARD-1015] – Artwork tab of the Track Info DIalog doesn’t show changes anymore
- [PICARD-1018] – CoverArtBox doesn’t show new/removed images after unmatched files are added/removed to the album
- [PICARD-1023] – Directory persistence for Add Directory needs tweaking
- [PICARD-1029] – Fix ~artists_sort metadata variable
- [PICARD-1042] – Missing import for PICARD_APP_NAME
- [PICARD-258] – Visual feedback for changes to artwork in before-after pane.
- [PICARD-1000] – Implement artwork diff for albums
- [PICARD-943] – Remove monkey patching of file write methods in picard formats
- [PICARD-1041] – Replace Ok button text by Make It So! in Options dialog
- [PICARD-223] – Remove should work when Unmatched Files is selected
- [PICARD-666] – Drop MP3 tagging support
- [PICARD-951] – Always use HTTPS for musicbrainz.org
- [PICARD-952] – Use Cover Art Archive over HTTPS
- [PICARD-961] – Mention AcoustID on Scan button too
- [PICARD-980] – Drag&drop cover art doesn’t work for images from amazon/google images/https links
- [PICARD-1012] – Buttons on the “User Interface” and “Scripting” pages are smaller than buttons in other places
- [PICARD-1016] – Multiple images in related tracks confusing
- [PICARD-1021] – Picard loads all pending files before quitting
- [PICARD-1024] – Allow specifying a configuration file path
- [PICARD-1030] – Allow to add/replace cover art images and keep existing cover art
The ability of normal users to auto-edit their own release additions within an hour of entering them has been expanded to all entity types, not just releases. There’s also a new feature in the relationship editor dialog to control which relationship credits you’re changing. Thanks to yvanzo for working on those tickets.
We’ve also resolved some more URL cleanup/detection tickets, and fixed a bug in the release editor causing stub releases to get created. Zastai fixed our web service to respect the
Accept: header for search requests (thanks!).
The git tag is
v-2017-03-27 and the complete changelog is below.
- [MBS-8578] – If the checkbox to copy a Medium’s artist credits to the Recording is ticked, the release editor creates a stub and fails to submit relationships/URLs and Mediums
- [MBS-9258] – Web service search requests don’t pass Accept: header to search servlet
- [MBS-9288] – “Change all relationship credits” for source entity has no effect
- [MBS-9289] – Area places map doesn’t display
- [MBS-9290] – “video channel” link type shouldn’t be restricted
- [MBS-9287] – Update the YouTube logo used in the sidebar
- [MBS-8134] – Allow unreviewed edits on new entries for a period of time
- [MBS-8465] – Change similar relationship credits for on the page.
- [MBS-8522] – Add Twitch.tv to video channel relation and video stream auto-selectors
- [MBS-9291] – Add Dailymotion to video channel relation and video stream auto-selectors