Tag Archives: changelog

Server update, 2016-11-21

This is our first release since the NewHost move, so it’s a mishmash of changes required for that and whatever else people submitted in between.

First, some dependency changes: memcached has been dropped as a dependency. We now use Redis as a cache, which had already been used for storing login sessions. In production we run two separate Redis instances: one as a cache (note: configure the DBDefs settings CACHE_MANAGER_OPTIONS and PLUGIN_CACHE_OPTIONS) and one as a persistent session store (DATASTORE_REDIS_ARGS). But it’s also safe (if less flexible) to use a single Redis instance without a maxmemory setting for both, because cached entries will expire by default. So if you already had Redis running locally, you may not need to make any changes to your configuration.

This release also requires the Perl module DBD::Pg to be version 3, which you may already have. If not, you can upgrade only that module with this command:

cpanm TURNSTEP/DBD-Pg-3.5.3.tar.gz

Thanks also to chirlu for upgrading reCAPTCHA on our registration page (which has hopefully reduced new spam accounts), Zastai for fixing some oversights in our JSON webservice, and reosarevok for removing the restriction on score URLs.

The git tag is v-2016-11-21.

Bug

  • [MBS-8762] – ISNI doesn’t appear on JSON WS
  • [MBS-9035] – Coro dependency causes build failure on Perl 5.22 and newer
  • [MBS-9091] – JSON WS: Aliases do not include begin/end date and ended flag
  • [MBS-9127] – NewHost: UI language does not match “lang” in cookie
  • [MBS-9132] – cannot add an alias (area)

Improvement

  • [MBS-9031] – Replace all usages of memcached with redis
  • [MBS-9130] – Upgrade to new reCAPTCHA (version 2)

Task

  • [MBS-9096] – Upgrade DBD::Pg to version 3
  • [MBS-9110] – Disable the score whitelist

Server update, 2016-10-24

Today we have more URL cleanup and general link fixes from chirlu & yvanz. Thanks to those two again. 🙂 This’ll be the last musicbrainz-server release before we move to our new hosting facility. But that move should be done within two weeks, so hopefully the next release won’t be delayed. Thanks again for your patience.

The git tag is v-2016-10-24.

Bug

  • [MBS-7164] – URL cleanup doesn’t allow iTunes “Song” download links
  • [MBS-9044] – iTunes: cleanup “geo.itunes” and block/cleanup “linkmaker.itunes” links

Improvement

  • [MBS-6314] – iTunes sidebar links should specify country
  • [MBS-8802] – Clean up iTunes audiobook and podcast URLs
  • [MBS-9079] – Clean up Wikidata URLs with “/entity”

Task

  • [MBS-8269] – Disallow Commons gallery pages and categories
  • [MBS-9078] – Improve URL cleanup for Wikimedia Commons
  • [MBS-9087] – Link to current VIAF URL format

Server update, 2016-10-10

With a looming deadline for switching to our new hosting facilities (early November), we didn’t have any release last month, and this one is several days late. But we’ve got some good contributions from chirlu and yvanz, especially in the area of URL validation and cleanup, which we’re finally releasing. Much of yvanz’s work has been to refactor our URL cleanup code so that it’s stricter and more robust. Thanks, chirlu & yvanz! You can view the complete changelog below.

The git tag is v-2016-10-10.

Bug

  • [MBS-8744] – Block Generasia URLs from Releases
  • [MBS-9069] – Submitting cover art with a long comment fails silently

Improvement

  • [MBS-8796] – Set a referrer policy for HTTPS pages
  • [MBS-9012] – New Discogs image URLs need cleaning up into release URLs
  • [MBS-9053] – Clean up commons.m.wikimedia.org into the non-mobile site
  • [MBS-9072] – Verify that tport is an integer

Task

  • [MBS-5733] – Allow “otherdatabases” to be validated in URLCleanup
  • [MBS-5736] – Test that the JavaScript catches bad URL entries
  • [MBS-6378] – Add tests for validationRules constraints in URLCleanup.js

Server update, 2016-08-29

This is another small release containing URL relationship fixes, so I’ll let the changelog speak for itself. 🙂 Thanks again to yvanz and chirlu for their contributions. The git tag is v-2016-08-29.

Bug

  • [MBS-8793] – Query string is not removed from Twitter links
  • [MBS-9048] – Untouched obsolete URL relationships trigger errors in the editing process
  • [MBS-9057] – ISE for artist with PayPalMe URL

Server update, 2016-08-15

This release features some more URL cleanup improvements from Yvanz, as well as a couple UI fixes, and some new events in our timeline graph from Mineo. Thanks, Yvanz and Mineo!

The git tag for today’s release is v-2016-08-15. (Note: This blog post was published a day late.)

Bug

  • [MBS-8301] – Relationship tree misrepresented in the relationship editor
  • [MBS-9042] – Misaligned rows in editor profile general information using some languages

Improvement

  • [MBS-4864] – Add more events to the timeline

Task

  • [MBS-9038] – Add ChangeTip, Flattr, Patreon, PayPal.Me and Tipeee to the sidebar and autoselect
  • [MBS-9039] – Add Kickstarter and Indiegogo to the sidebar and autoselect

Server update, 2016-07-04

This is a small bug-fix release. Server development has slowed down while we work on writing Docker containers for our new hosting infrastructure. But code contributions are always welcome. Thanks to Ulrich Klauer (chirlu) for his work on MBS-8806 this release.

The git tag is v-2016-07-04.

Bug

  • [MBS-8806] – Artist credits disappearing from tracklist & recordings after editing
  • [MBS-8987] – Untouched URLs are automatically/suddenly cleaned up
  • [MBS-8996] – Error message when trying to merge releases displays as “ARRAY(stuff)”
  • [MBS-8997] – Merging releases with “(Disc 1)”, “(Disc 2)” etc in titles selects all as disc 1
  • [MBS-8999] – Track lengths are in the wrong table column in the release editor

New Feature

  • [MBS-8994] – Allow passing &dismax=true through to the search server so Picard can show the same results as on the website