We just updated the main server with the latest and greatest features:
- Lucene Search – New search functions that uses a Lucene text search engine. See the text
search documentation for details on how to use this new search. However, indexes are currently only updated once a day, so the old search
feature is still available for when you need to find something that may have changed in the last day.
- XMLWebservice – This new XML based web service drastically improves on the old RDF based web service by being more standards compliant and
having a much more granular control over what data is returned for each query. Read the documentation
how to use this new service. Please note that this is in BETA and the service is still subject to change!
- New option to “approve” edits for auto moderators (719)
- New links “Create relationship with this artist/album/track” and “Relate to URL” to speed up the process of
adding AdvancedRelationships (21)
- Adding more complete release dates is now auto moderation. (759)
- New option to automatically subscribe to artists created by you (995)
- Subscribing to an artist redirects to the artist page, rather than the (sometimes) large list of subscribed artists
- More “intelligent” defaults guessing of new track artists for album moves (1015)
- For move, artist changes and some other edits: link every participating entity in the moderation pages, and add as much information as necessary
for checking its correctness. (610, 623 and
- Improved Disc Id move, target album is searchable and moves are allowed for VA albums (155)
- Reports: 2 small reports added (albums with language but no script and the other way around (621),
simplification of the MultipleTRMsPerAlbum report for faster creation.
- ASIN ARs now update the relevant albummeta table data as well. (1039)
- Fixed merging of albums/artists with AdvancedRelationships (916)
- Album Moving in batch mode will now change track artists as well (972)
- Fixed some issues in “best match” calculation for searches (985)
- Fixed failed moderations counter in user profile (1018)
- Fixed bugs in ASIN AR cover image URL extraction. (1061)
- and many more we already forgot about — please see this
report for all the bugs that were closed for this releases.
Thanks to everyone who helped in this release!