We don’t rest for seasonal holidays at MusicBrainz, and we’ve just finished pushing out another release! This one is quite a small one release – thanks to Frederik “Freso” S. Olesen, Nicolás Tamargo, Pavan Chander and the MusicBrainz team for their work on this release. Here’s what’s changed:
- [MBS-5288] – Use API when checking for WikiDoc changes
- [MBS-5497] – CAA uploads are setting x-archive-meta-mediatype to ‘images’, but it should be ‘image’
- [MBS-5664] – musicbrainz_unaccent serverlog error message
- [MBS-2966] – Give artist credits a special mark
- [MBS-3412] – Recording name in tooltip when hovering cursor over track title
- [MBS-4605] – S3 settings in DBDefs.pm are badly named
- [MBS-5440] – Add lieder.net to the lyrics whitelist
- [MBS-5684] – Add Yate Tagger to Products menu and home page
- [MBS-5685] – Add SongKong to Products menu and home page
- [MBS-5686] – Update to new Amazon Affiliate Tags
Digital West, our ISP, will be doing some router maintenance on December 30, at 12:01am Pacific Time. We may experience 1-2 minutes of loss of connectivity around that time.
For once, the problem will not be us.🙂
We’ve just finished pushing out an update to the musicbrainz.org servers. While work continues on the new edit system and an ingestion solution, this is a fairly small release of mostly bug fixes. Thanks to Pavan Chander and the MusicBrainz team for their work on this release!
- [MBS-5035] – Removing release leaves orphaned recordings
- [MBS-5126] – Orphaned recordings do not get removed (regression)
- [MBS-5548] – Git commit data output isn’t HTML escaped
- [MBS-5576] – Release group bar when adding disc IDs is one column too short
- [MBS-5581] – Some stuff untranslated that wasn’t before
- [MBS-5618] – Wikipedia abstract logic doesn’t properly encode certain characters
- [MBS-5622] – MB registration captcha does not work over SSL
- [MBS-4228] – Improve artist alias description
- [MBS-4568] – Add <bdi> tags to help with rendering of RTL text
- [MBS-5260] – Cache /text.js somehow
- [MBS-5317] – Webservice needs to support fmt=json switch to fmt=jsonnew for search queries
- [MBS-5477] – Show country and gender in artist search results
- [MBS-4108] – Display Wikipedia abstract inline
The Git tag for this release is
Though the last version of the 2012-10-15 VM fixed the .ovf to remove an accidentally-included extra disk, this time an incorrect version of a different disk was added. This has been corrected and the finished product tested a bit, so hopefully this time we won’t need another followup blog post!
This time it’s
MusicBrainz 2012-10-15.ova, in the usual places.