We don’t rest for seasonal holidays at MusicBrainz, and we’ve just finished pushing out another release! This one is quite a small one release – thanks to Frederik “Freso” S. Olesen, Nicolás Tamargo, Pavan Chander and the MusicBrainz team for their work on this release. Here’s what’s changed:
- [MBS-5288] – Use API when checking for WikiDoc changes
- [MBS-5497] – CAA uploads are setting x-archive-meta-mediatype to ‘images’, but it should be ‘image’
- [MBS-5664] – musicbrainz_unaccent serverlog error message
- [MBS-2966] – Give artist credits a special mark
- [MBS-3412] – Recording name in tooltip when hovering cursor over track title
- [MBS-4605] – S3 settings in DBDefs.pm are badly named
- [MBS-5440] – Add lieder.net to the lyrics whitelist
- [MBS-5684] – Add Yate Tagger to Products menu and home page
- [MBS-5685] – Add SongKong to Products menu and home page
- [MBS-5686] – Update to new Amazon Affiliate Tags
Digital West, our ISP, will be doing some router maintenance on December 30, at 12:01am Pacific Time. We may experience 1-2 minutes of loss of connectivity around that time.
For once, the problem will not be us.
We’ve just finished pushing out an update to the musicbrainz.org servers. While work continues on the new edit system and an ingestion solution, this is a fairly small release of mostly bug fixes. Thanks to Pavan Chander and the MusicBrainz team for their work on this release!
- [MBS-5035] – Removing release leaves orphaned recordings
- [MBS-5126] – Orphaned recordings do not get removed (regression)
- [MBS-5548] – Git commit data output isn’t HTML escaped
- [MBS-5576] – Release group bar when adding disc IDs is one column too short
- [MBS-5581] – Some stuff untranslated that wasn’t before
- [MBS-5618] – Wikipedia abstract logic doesn’t properly encode certain characters
- [MBS-5622] – MB registration captcha does not work over SSL
- [MBS-4228] – Improve artist alias description
- [MBS-4568] – Add <bdi> tags to help with rendering of RTL text
- [MBS-5260] – Cache /text.js somehow
- [MBS-5317] – Webservice needs to support fmt=json switch to fmt=jsonnew for search queries
- [MBS-5477] – Show country and gender in artist search results
- [MBS-4108] – Display Wikipedia abstract inline
The Git tag for this release is
Though the last version of the 2012-10-15 VM fixed the .ovf to remove an accidentally-included extra disk, this time an incorrect version of a different disk was added. This has been corrected and the finished product tested a bit, so hopefully this time we won’t need another followup blog post!
This time it’s
MusicBrainz 2012-10-15.ova, in the usual places.