Boo! Release cycle was interrupted during the MetaBrainz Summit 17 and is now back to the usual period of two weeks. This release contains a lot of code refactoring, some admin tooling, and a few fixes. Optimizations were made to parts of the web service, particularly for JSON and browse requests. Anti-spam measures taken in July have been relaxed, as well as the period of time allowed for auto-editing newly added entities. The git tag is v-2017-10-31.
- [MBS-9313] – Adding first release event should be an auto-edit
- [MBS-9513] – User interface locales with country code are not working
- [MBS-9488] – Rename “limited user” to “new user”
- [MBS-9519] – Hide biography, homepage, and collections description of limiter users from not-logged-in users
- [MBS-9496] – Modbot “ac being changed because of name change” edit note is confusing
- [MBS-9505] – Extend time period to edit your own entries to 1 day
- [MBS-9515] – Block adding Wikipedia relationships to anchors
Our bandwidth provider will proceed to maintainance operations on its routers, on Sep, 28th between 5AM and 7AM CEST.
You may experience connectivity issues to our services during it, for a maximum of 20 minutes.
This release enables relationship credits for areas and places, contains more URL cleanup & auto-select fixes, and changes the behavior of the artist-merge option to rename credits to only rename those that match the original artist names.
The git tag is
- [MBS-9380] – ReverbNation URLs are not correctly cleaned up
- [MBS-9394] – Upper case CD Baby URLs are blocked as “not allowed or incorrectly formatted”
- [MBS-9446] – PartialDate is missing a TO_JSON method
- [MBS-9455] – “Performance of” attributes not showing if rel is orderable
- [MBS-9471] – Relationship editor breaks if two link attribute types have the same name
- [MBS-9469] – Add autoselect for VIAF for places
- [MBS-9316] – Add Operabase to the otherDBs whitelist
- [MBS-9353] – Do not show collections or user profiles to people not logged in
- [MBS-9019] – Extend relationship credits to places
- [MBS-9303] – Add support for Facebook’s fb.com domain
- [MBS-9334] – Enable URL cleanup for Recochoku artist URLs
- [MBS-9435] – Update Rock.com.ar URL format
- [MBS-9444] – Update the YouTube logo used in the sidebar
- [MBS-9457] – Update the Patreon logo used in the sidebar
- [MBS-9458] – “Rename artist and relationship credits” should only rename matching credits
- [MBS-9459] – Enable relationship credits for Areas
- [MBS-9467] – Add support for fallback Patreon user URLs with numeric ID
I have recently released a new MusicBrainz virtual machine. This virtual machine includes all the important bits of MusicBrainz so you can run your own copy! I’d been hoping for feedback if people have encountered any problems with this VM, but I’ve not received any feedback. Here is to hoping that no news is good news!
For information on how to download, install and access this new virtual machine, take a look at our MusicBrainz Server setup page. The new VM can be downloaded from here via direct download or a torrent download.
Most of the outstanding bugs should be fixed in this release — if not, please open a new ticket.
We’ve been focusing on finishing up some overdue schema change features (alternative tracklists, for one) and doing various refactorings/making some under-the-hood changes, which is why there hasn’t been a release in a while. But here’s a few small fixes that have accumulated.
The git tag is
- [MBS-9409] – Error merging mediums with and without pregap tracks
- [MBS-9416] – wikidata url format redirect addition
- [MBS-9434] – “stream for free” YouTube URL linked to a release should show as “stream on YouTube” instead of “watch on YouTube”
In order to deter spammers, bios and homepages can no longer be set by limited users (accounts less than 2 weeks old, or with less than 10 accepted edits).
Thanks to ferbncode, Sophist, and yvanzo for their work on the tickets below.
The git tag is
- [MBS-9342] – InitDb.pl fails to import data with DBD::Pg 3.6.0
- [MBS-9372] – Revoking editing/voting editor rights also renders them unable to write edit notes
- [MBS-9392] – JSON-LD schema.org structured data broken
- [MBS-9401] – SQL generation fails for release groups (script/dump-entities-sql.pl)
- [MBS-9403] – position attribute is missing in the json api output for media > track
- [MBS-9355] – Do not allow an editor to set bio/link if the user is limited
- [MBS-9391] – Retry downloading dumps in docker container (for creating and importing dumps)
- [MBS-9323] – Artist web page with long wikipedia entry looks bad
This release mainly fixes some bugs around reorganized lyrics languages for work, and includes a few small improvements. Thanks to Zastai for fixing events browsing for area.
The git tag is
- [MBS-8757] – Error browsing events by area
- [MBS-9338] – Can’t add languages to existing works that have none set
- [MBS-9341] – “0 field is required” if work language is selected, then blanked
- [MBS-9345] – Can’t batch-add works without a language set
- [MBS-9347] – Regression: “- MusicBrainz” is appended to homepage title instead of others
- [MBS-9362] – Work language edits preceding schema change are not applied
- [MBS-9354] – Block /collection as per robots.txt
- [MBS-8640] – Make adding work attributes auto-edits
- [MBS-9311] – Add autoselect and validation of CD Baby Artist-URL relationship
- [MBS-9348] – Update CD Baby URLs normalization and sidebar display
- [MBS-9350] – Add autoselect/sidebar for Big Cartel URLs