Here’s the first release of 2018! Its main changes are listed below. It also brings a few additional small bug fixes and code refactoring, such as changing the sidebar rating and tag UI components to use React. The git tag is v-2018-01-10. Thanks to naiveaiguy and haruute for their contributions!
- [MBS-9370] – Tests race condition triggers error “Couldn’t connect to the renderer”
- [MBS-9578] – Editor private subscriptions/tags/ratings pages should not be linked to
- [MBS-8206] – New Report: Official/Promotional Releases supporting Disc IDs that don’t have an attached Disc ID
- [MBS-9561] – Add Anison Generation to the otherDBs whitelist
- [MBS-9566] – Add Brahms IRCAM to the otherDBs whitelist
- [MBS-9574] – Add patronage auto-select/cleanup for Drip URLs
- [MBS-8576] – Show work type description in work editing form
Winter has arrived! And so did the latest release of the MusicBrainz server, bringing updates (React 16.2.0 and Lodash 4.17.4), code refactoring, and a bunch of bug fixes. Thanks to navap for updating the documentation search and to reosarevok for adding La Boîte aux paroles to the Lyrics whitelist. The git tag is v-2017-12-21.
- [MBS-9525] – Database dump sometimes fails to sync to FTP
- [MBS-9540] – Release lookup does not return user ratings in json ws
- [MBS-9542] – New default iTunes link format (without “id” characters) is denied
- [MBS-9547] – ModBot leaves note with broken unicode
- [MBS-9570] – Email header fields with non-ASCII characters are not correctly encoded
- [MBS-9577] – Google custom search engine (WikiDocs) is out of date
- [MBS-9575] – Make “Enable vinyl track numbers” opt-in for new users
Boo! Release cycle was interrupted during the MetaBrainz Summit 17 and is now back to the usual period of two weeks. This release contains a lot of code refactoring, some admin tooling, and a few fixes. Optimizations were made to parts of the web service, particularly for JSON and browse requests. Anti-spam measures taken in July have been relaxed, as well as the period of time allowed for auto-editing newly added entities. The git tag is v-2017-10-31.
- [MBS-9313] – Adding first release event should be an auto-edit
- [MBS-9513] – User interface locales with country code are not working
- [MBS-9488] – Rename “limited user” to “new user”
- [MBS-9519] – Hide biography, homepage, and collections description of limiter users from not-logged-in users
- [MBS-9496] – Modbot “ac being changed because of name change” edit note is confusing
- [MBS-9505] – Extend time period to edit your own entries to 1 day
- [MBS-9515] – Block adding Wikipedia relationships to anchors
Our bandwidth provider will proceed to maintainance operations on its routers, on Sep, 28th between 5AM and 7AM CEST.
You may experience connectivity issues to our services during it, for a maximum of 20 minutes.
This release enables relationship credits for areas and places, contains more URL cleanup & auto-select fixes, and changes the behavior of the artist-merge option to rename credits to only rename those that match the original artist names.
The git tag is
- [MBS-9380] – ReverbNation URLs are not correctly cleaned up
- [MBS-9394] – Upper case CD Baby URLs are blocked as “not allowed or incorrectly formatted”
- [MBS-9446] – PartialDate is missing a TO_JSON method
- [MBS-9455] – “Performance of” attributes not showing if rel is orderable
- [MBS-9471] – Relationship editor breaks if two link attribute types have the same name
- [MBS-9469] – Add autoselect for VIAF for places
- [MBS-9316] – Add Operabase to the otherDBs whitelist
- [MBS-9353] – Do not show collections or user profiles to people not logged in
- [MBS-9019] – Extend relationship credits to places
- [MBS-9303] – Add support for Facebook’s fb.com domain
- [MBS-9334] – Enable URL cleanup for Recochoku artist URLs
- [MBS-9435] – Update Rock.com.ar URL format
- [MBS-9444] – Update the YouTube logo used in the sidebar
- [MBS-9457] – Update the Patreon logo used in the sidebar
- [MBS-9458] – “Rename artist and relationship credits” should only rename matching credits
- [MBS-9459] – Enable relationship credits for Areas
- [MBS-9467] – Add support for fallback Patreon user URLs with numeric ID
I have recently released a new MusicBrainz virtual machine. This virtual machine includes all the important bits of MusicBrainz so you can run your own copy! I’d been hoping for feedback if people have encountered any problems with this VM, but I’ve not received any feedback. Here is to hoping that no news is good news!
For information on how to download, install and access this new virtual machine, take a look at our MusicBrainz Server setup page. The new VM can be downloaded from here via direct download or a torrent download.
Most of the outstanding bugs should be fixed in this release — if not, please open a new ticket.
We’ve been focusing on finishing up some overdue schema change features (alternative tracklists, for one) and doing various refactorings/making some under-the-hood changes, which is why there hasn’t been a release in a while. But here’s a few small fixes that have accumulated.
The git tag is
- [MBS-9409] – Error merging mediums with and without pregap tracks
- [MBS-9416] – wikidata url format redirect addition
- [MBS-9434] – “stream for free” YouTube URL linked to a release should show as “stream on YouTube” instead of “watch on YouTube”