We recently decided not to have a spring 2018 schema change release. As usual, we still have some bits left over to finish up from the last spring schema change. More importantly, we’re making a concerted effort to improve the user experience (UX) of the MusicBrainz site — more on that in a blog post later.
We may decide to do an autumn 2018 schema change, but this depends on how well our UX efforts progress over the course of winter and spring.
This server release mainly introduces a confirmation request when adding a new release (or a new medium to a release) without setting a format, because entering this information is often skipped, yet the editor usually knows it. It also contains URL cleanup updates and localization bugfixes, and the instrument list template has been rewritten in React. The git tag is v-2018-02-09. Thanks to naiveaiguy and spellew for their contributions!
- [MBS-9590] – Rewrite the instrument list in React/JSX
- [MBS-9599] – Translations are not applied on the 404 page
- [MBS-9600] – Work attribute type and value names are not translated on the work edit form
- [MBS-9603] – Series ordering type descriptions are not translated on the series edit form
- [MBS-9368] – Ask for confirmation when leaving format empty
- [MBS-9587] – Add a few Japanese lyrics sites to the whitelist
- [MBS-9562] – Improve Deezer URL cleanup
- [MBS-9597] – Update VGMdb URL cleanup to use https
- [MBS-9612] – Remove locale from Last.fm URLs
This small server release brings a new report for recordings, updates URL cleanup, and provides enhancement for guessing letters’ case in French titles. It also features preliminary changes for further switch to live search, still available for test. The git tag is v-2018-01-24. Thanks again to naiveaiguy and haruute for their contributions!
- [MBS-9425] – New Report: “Recordings with same name by different artists with same name”
- [MBS-9582] – Add UtaTen to the lyrics whitelist
- [MBS-9608] – Update Bandsintown URL cleanup to reflect new URL format
- [MBS-5345] – Guess Case > French mode > Le, La, Les, L’ or L’ followed by only one word. That word should be capitalized
Here’s the first release of 2018! Its main changes are listed below. It also brings a few additional small bug fixes and code refactoring, such as changing the sidebar rating and tag UI components to use React. The git tag is v-2018-01-10. Thanks to naiveaiguy and haruute for their contributions!
- [MBS-9370] – Tests race condition triggers error “Couldn’t connect to the renderer”
- [MBS-9578] – Editor private subscriptions/tags/ratings pages should not be linked to
- [MBS-8206] – New Report: Official/Promotional Releases supporting Disc IDs that don’t have an attached Disc ID
- [MBS-9561] – Add Anison Generation to the otherDBs whitelist
- [MBS-9566] – Add Brahms IRCAM to the otherDBs whitelist
- [MBS-9574] – Add patronage auto-select/cleanup for Drip URLs
- [MBS-8576] – Show work type description in work editing form
Winter has arrived! And so did the latest release of the MusicBrainz server, bringing updates (React 16.2.0 and Lodash 4.17.4), code refactoring, and a bunch of bug fixes. Thanks to navap for updating the documentation search and to reosarevok for adding La Boîte aux paroles to the Lyrics whitelist. The git tag is v-2017-12-21.
- [MBS-9525] – Database dump sometimes fails to sync to FTP
- [MBS-9540] – Release lookup does not return user ratings in json ws
- [MBS-9542] – New default iTunes link format (without “id” characters) is denied
- [MBS-9547] – ModBot leaves note with broken unicode
- [MBS-9570] – Email header fields with non-ASCII characters are not correctly encoded
- [MBS-9577] – Google custom search engine (WikiDocs) is out of date
- [MBS-9575] – Make “Enable vinyl track numbers” opt-in for new users
Boo! Release cycle was interrupted during the MetaBrainz Summit 17 and is now back to the usual period of two weeks. This release contains a lot of code refactoring, some admin tooling, and a few fixes. Optimizations were made to parts of the web service, particularly for JSON and browse requests. Anti-spam measures taken in July have been relaxed, as well as the period of time allowed for auto-editing newly added entities. The git tag is v-2017-10-31.
- [MBS-9313] – Adding first release event should be an auto-edit
- [MBS-9513] – User interface locales with country code are not working
- [MBS-9488] – Rename “limited user” to “new user”
- [MBS-9519] – Hide biography, homepage, and collections description of limiter users from not-logged-in users
- [MBS-9496] – Modbot “ac being changed because of name change” edit note is confusing
- [MBS-9505] – Extend time period to edit your own entries to 1 day
- [MBS-9515] – Block adding Wikipedia relationships to anchors
Our bandwidth provider will proceed to maintainance operations on its routers, on Sep, 28th between 5AM and 7AM CEST.
You may experience connectivity issues to our services during it, for a maximum of 20 minutes.